Thursday, February 13, 2014

Scraps Of Elegance February Kit Design Team Reveal~

Today, is the official Scraps Of  Elegance Design Team reveal with the February~Love Always Kit!!
If you haven't had a chance to check the kit out, head on over to ScrapsOfElegance.com  to grab one for yourself, or if you would like to try to win one of these, oh so romantic kits, head over to our Facebook Page and get entered in to our giveaway by February 21st!!

The first project that I have to show you created with that gorgeous kit, is a Shabby Chic style Mini Album. 


I created this mini using lots of the Authentique Papers and elements from the kit and add ons. 


The cover has lots of layers, distressing, paper curling and textures. I created the banner at the bottom with Authentique Stickers and distressed paper layers from the kit strung onto the Darice Trim from the Embellishment Add On.
The So FAB Chipboard Butterfly  is from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop, and the Heart Applique is from my Tresors De Luxe Stash.


Back Side


Chunky Side View


1st Set Of Pages with spaces for photos.
The 2nd page is a sewn pocket, perfect for tucking treasures into.


2nd Set Of Pages with pocket, tags, and space for photos.

Tags 

3rd Set Of Pages, with spots for photo and little tags that unclip, or that can be turned over for journaling.


4th Set Of Pages with Lace Pockets and Tags.

Next up is an Elongated Tag that is decorated on both sides and contains a back side pocket filled with lots of little tags for collecting memories.


I used distressed and gesso coated paper layers from the kit.
I then layered on some wide pink lace from my Tresors DT Stash, and some cheesecloth.



I added a burlap and twine bow then topped it with a Prima Flair Button from the EAO that I went over with gesso.


I then inked up the open heart Leaky Shed Chipboard piece from the kit, and then layered up some of the My Mind's Eye stickers from the EAO and clipped them with a little metal clip that I stippled with gesso.



I took some of the leaves and mini roses from the floral add on and painted over them with gesso, and added them on with some stash flowers, took a safety pin and stuck it through one of the little heart stickers from the EAO and then splatter painted it, and popped on some of the My Romantic Heart Butterflies from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop. At the bottom I cut out "Today" From some of the kit paper and painted over it with gesso and added another safety pin, and then added some more flowers, leaves and some Tim Holtz Chipboard Clock Hands that I cut out from a die and inked. 




On the backside, I added burlap, cheesecloth and then added on one of the My Mind's Eye pockets from the kit. I created 4 different tags from kit and add on elements, added a cut out "Date" piece to match the "Today" one on the front then added some more leaves, a rose and another My Romantic Heart Butterfly.


This is the pocket with all the different little tags.

I just love creating places to tuck in memories, to journal on, and to hold little treasures, and both of these projects offer up those little places. I have always loved little secret nooks and crannies, and I love that paper crafting allows me to bring some of those "secret" little places to life!!
Thank you for the visit and don't forget to come hop along with both Scraps Of Darkness and Scraps Of Elegance, as we host the Stuck On You Sketches Blog Hop!! It starts February 14th at 12 a.m. Eastern Time Zone and will run until Sunday February 16th 12 p.m. Eastern Time Zone. Hope to see you there!! Hugs~Renea


2 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Such beautiful elegant projects!! You are the queen of Shabby Chic!

Unknown said...

Oh what a fantastic elegant album love it all !!!