Friday, February 7, 2014

Love Always~Scraps Of Elegance February Kit Reveal


Does Valentine's Day have you in the mood for love? Then the Scraps Of Elegance February Kit~Love Always will have your heart sighing! It is packed full of romance and is perfect for putting together those sweet memories of the ones you love.


Here is the sketch that comes with this month's kit, created by Suepup.


And here is my take on the sketch that features a super sweet photo of my God Daughter Michelles's little girl Crimson.  The photo was taken of her by my sister, Tammy when she was just a few days old laying on the  hand crafted Shabby Chic quilt that I had gotten Michelle as a keepsake for Crimson. So sweet~so precious!!


I layered up 2 layers of paper, fussy cutting the edges of the top piece, then water distressing it and tearing the corner. 



I hand stitched the corner piece then added a stash, Prima resin piece, a sticker from the kit, some sweet roses from my stash and from this month's floral add on, and some tulle.


I then distress painted the Leaky Shed Chipboard heart from the kit, added fusible webbing then inked over it, then puddled on sead beads randomly for lots of texture. I painted one section of the heart with crackle paint, and then script stamped over it.


I then tore out a chunk from the other section, set eyelets, and then laced it with some hand dyed seam binding, created a large bow and added on one of the Flair Buttons from this month's embellishment add on.


The Prima resin Cherub was from the Embellishment add on, and I reapeated the resin, tulle and flower layering at the bottom. I then randomly applied Tim Holtz tissue tape to places on the layout and then tucked in pieces of lace under the distressed paper. The Divine Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope this month is full of love and sweetness for you!! XOXO ~Renea



1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just precious and I love the beautiful shabby chic feel and the lacing of the twine and ribbon.
Wishing you a wonderful and relaxed weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}