Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Scraps Of Darkness~Hello Gorgeous!!

When I got the January Scraps Of Darkness Kit~Style And Sophistication, and saw all the Graphic 45 papers, and the colors, I just knew I just had to do a Steam Punk layout with it!!
I used a photo, with permission, of my German artist friend Meli It is titled Black Steam Meli, and the photo was taken by Lycilia. 


I used 4 different distressed layers of paper for the background and inked the edges with the Rusty Bucket Ink from the kit.
I then hand cut out a gear shape from some of the Authentique paper, and then added in two more layers of the distressed and inked G45 papers, as well as one of the G45 Tags, a Authentique "Date" Sticker and another G45 journaling piece with the sentiment "Hello Gorgeous" and topped them with Meli's photo.




I fussy cut out a long piece from some of the G45 paper and ran it along the side, then took some Tresors De Luxe Lace and ran it along the bottom of the layout.



I created a flower layer using tulle, flowers from the kit and the floral add on along with some stash gears and peacock feather.


I cut some more fussy cut pieces, added them to the lace along with some of the Darice Rhinestone Trim.



I created a floral piece at the top of the large gear using more stash, kit, and floral add on flowers, tulle,  a piece of the lace, and some Grunged Up Gears From my Shop.
I tucked in gears around the outer edges just for a little extra visual interest. 


I love to show a side shot, so that you can see all the depth that the layers add.

It is so much fun to switch styles and do something different ever once in a while. Steam Punk always alows me to play with color a little differently than I usually do, and to really layer up!! 


Next up, I have a set of oversized tags that I created using lots of the Authentique papers and embellishments that were in the kit, to capture a more divalicious side of the kit.
I used a Texturizing With Tulle technique that I picked up from Yvonne's (Scrapbliss) YouTube Channel on both tags. 
You can check it out here:
Thanks Yvonne for sharing your talent!!


I used lots of layers including a layer on each that I created by stenciling with black puff paint. I love puff paint, it adds so much texture and yumminess, and you can stencil with it just like you would any medium and then heat it up to create the texture variations.



This tag features the following items from the kit:
Authentique Papers
Authentique Stickers
Darice Rhinestone Trim
And also:
Paper from the Coordinating Paper Add On
Flowers from the Floral Add On


Here is the backside finished out with distressed paper for a finished look.


Here you can see all the gorgeous texture that the Texturizing With Tulle adds.
Polka Dots & Bling Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


And here you can see the dimension that the stenciling with puff paint creates. 


The 2nd tag incorporates the same Kit pieces as the 1st tag. 


Back side shot.


Close ups of the details.


The Tiny Dancer Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.

Scrapping is about having fun and expressing yourself, and it is always fun to express the many different sides of a personality! Thank you for stopping by!!
Hugs ~Renea


3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such scrumptious tags and I love the steam punk layout with all the lovely feminine touches.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always Renea!!
Love your work so much and am greatly
inspired (AND educated!:) each time I visit~
Thanks for sharing~

Lisa aka Raining said...

Beautiful work Renea!