Friday, February 21, 2014

Inkido February Challenge~Sweethearts

Have you seen the Inkido February Challenge yet?? It is so delcious!!! The following is the inspirational photo and the topic is "Sweetheart". YUMMO!!


I took my cue from all those delicious pinks, and strawberries, as well as the frosting and whites to create a super romantic layout that features a photo of my sweet, Aussie scrappy friend Kelly Ralstons Mum & Dad.
Kelly's parents married young and will be celebrating their 40th year Anniversary. Kelly wanted me to create something special for them, so I put together an elegant with hints of natural elements layout that would reflect their love and dedication to one another. After 40 years of marriage, I can't help but think that they definitely fit the category of "Sweethearts"!


I started with 2 different layers of Inkido Papers, distressing and sewing the edges of the 2nd layer. I then cut down a 3rd layer, punched around it, and then deeply water distressed it to create a "wrinkled" look, then topped it with some of my stash Tresors De Luxe wide lace. I tucked large paper Doillie pieces under the punched layere, and then distressed, inked and sewed 2 more layers to form a matte under the wonderful photo. I then tore out some Inkido paper pieces sewed and painted them with Gesso and added them randomly to the layout.


I formed a side layer, by fussy cutting out the sweet birds on a cherry blossom branch from the Inkido papers, and then accented them with glitter.



 I then used a Inkido gardenia, cherry blossum and mulberry paper flower that I misted to match my colors, and then stippled them with gesso to soften them up. 





I added in a stash Tresors fabric flower embellishment, a little lock and key, a nest with 5 eggs, representing their five children, and some feathers.



ON the opposite side I added some more little fussy cut birds, some of the gorgeous Inkido Pink Harmony Flowers,  another gardenia, cherry blossom and mulberry rose, some cheesecloth and leaves.




A close up of those gorgeous Inkido Flowers!!


And here is a side view showing off all the dimension and texture, I captured with those wonderful Inkido Products.

Thank you for dropping in for my February Inkido Reveal!! I hope you get a chance to join us for the challenge!! Hugs ~Renea



Supplies:



No comments: