Monday, May 30, 2011

Whispered Prayers Card

 




 
I wanted to create a card for a friend of mine, who has been hospitalized now for over 2 months, and could use a little cheering up. I created this card using my Scraps Of Darkness May Kit. I, first, took some white cardstock, and misted it with some of the color add on mist. I then took some gold mist and spritzed it with that, and then went over the mists with some Tim Holtz distress ink just to get a good color variation. After it dried, I then cut the cardstock to the size I needed, and made the fold.






For the outside, I put some glitter lace at the bottom, then took some seam binding that I colored with Tattered Angels mist, ( a little trick I learned from Lisa G (aka Starsailor),  and made the bow . I took a Prima bird from the kit and glued it to the center of the bow.






I added a Prima Trinket from the kit with a sweet little brad just to add an extra touch. Next I fussy cut  a cherry blossom branch from some of the kit pps and adhered it to the card with pop dots for added dimension.






For the inside of the card, I did some stamping with the Prima Stamp that was included in this months kit, cut out, distressed and inked some journaling, and then popped on another one of those sweet little Prima Birds. I hope this card makes Debi feel a little better, and I hope that you guys will each whisper a little prayer for her as well! ~Huge Hugs Renea

3 comments:

cnelson said...

Truly GORGEOUS!!

Micupoftea said...

Love the sentiment! Sweet, soft and feminine...bet she loves it!

sheila said...

Gorgeous card, Love the gathered ribbon and the fussy cutting!