This layout was done, using the May Sketch by the uber talented-Suepup. You can stop by our message board and enter our monthly sketch challenge yourself. Your layout could win you a prize from the Scraps Of Darkness store!!
My interpretation of the sketch features a pic of one of my friend's DD-Jordan. Her brother is a professional photographer and I love this pic he took of her. It captures her shyness as well as her beauty!
The first thing I did was draw out how I wanted to cut the foil paper. I love funky angels, and sometimes the only way to get what I have visioned, is to draw and then cut the pattern myself. I then distressed and inked the edges.
The background is a piece of cardstock from the SOD cardstock add on. I stamped the leaf and swirl image, and then came back in and stamped the floral pattern. Then glued the foil pp to the background.
I then made a background for the pic from the same cardstock, misting it with some of the Moon Shadow- Mystic Malachite that came in the color add on. (That stuff is gorgeous-such a beautiful shimmer that is hard to see in photos.) Rubbed the Prima word Dream onto the pic.
I then took some Dusty Attic Foliage, and used some of the Prima rub ons that came in the kit to add color and pattern, then took some Tattered Angel Golden Goddess Glam and painted the entire piece. I then took the beautiful Prima flowers from the Flora and Fauna add on, made some centers with a punch and puff painted the circles and added a bling center.
For the large flower, I used Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die. I then took Acrylic Modeling Paste and mixed it with acrylic paint and mist until I got the color I wanted and then painted it on thick and with lots of texture. Then added the Prima/altered flower on top. I then popped one of the Prima Birds from the kit in.
I then took the chopsticks that Mandy Harrel altered with gesso and bling, and yes that were included in the kit, and framed the pic. I took bamboo pieces from the kit and glued them horizontally, adding a stash Prima vine, and the kit included asian umbrella and Prima bird.
I took the kit, pink fan, and rubbed some of the Prima images onto it. Did a Prima Bird Cage rub on at the edge and onto the pic on the bottom left hand corner. Took and printed out the Chinese Symbol for dream, inked it with jet black Stayz On, then UTEEed it to get the glossy look, and that was a wrap! I hope you have enjoyed my first layout ! Thanks for all your support!! ~Renea