Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cutie Pie


 Here is another layout of Emmie, using this month's Scraps Of Darkness Kit. I love this pic of her when she was just itty-bitty wearing that big floppy hat! As we say in the South, "She is such a Cutie Pie!" 


I picked out the background pp, and then began building my layers from there. I cut out a large square and punched the edges with a fan punch and added some bling from the kit.  I cut out a rectangular background for the pic from the cardstock add on, distressed  and inked the edges, then misted it with some of the mist from the color add on. I then punched around the edges with a lace punch and laced up the edges with some stash ribbon. The title was made using the kit chipboard letters, which I then painted with acrylic paint and frosted with some white glitter.


 These pps were perfect for fussy cutting and I did a lot of it. I cut out the lanterns from a 2nd sheet of the same pp as the background, and added pop dots to give them that added dimension I love. I also fussy cut out some of the flowers and added them to the corner of the photo.



I then took some of the flower from the Flora and Fauna add on and began building my flower arrangement for the side. I fussy cut the tea pot from some of the pps , and added some bling from one of the add ons. I took one of the fans from the kit and misted it with some of the mist from the color add on, then stamped it using one of the Prima stamps from the kit. I tucked it in behind the tea pot then tucked in one of the kit's asian umbrellas. I then cut out one of my cardstock butterflies and UTEE'd it up to get that glass look. For a final touch, I took a monarch butterfly punch and randomly punched some of the edges of the layout. Emmie now looks like she is ready for an Asian influence tea party! Thanks for joining me for a spot of tea! Toodles for now! ~ Renea

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome lo and she is a cutie pie!!! Love the detail you put on a lo!!!

Shona said...

you rocked the kit.....gorgeous work

Micupoftea said...

Love the hot tropical colors and sweet photo!

Carol W. said...

Fabulous layout! TFS

Ashley Van Etten said...

this is so cute!