Monday, August 6, 2018

One Tough Layout~

Happy Monday to you all! Today, I have a Masculine Layout that I created with products from Reneabouquets. I love challenging myself to create these type of pieces without using flowers or butterflies, but by incorporating lots of color and texture work. Masculine work is harder, but it can be so much fun, to create a little differently than you usually do!!


I started with a layer of Blue Fern Chesterville Paper and then took a second layer, cut it down, distressed and inked the edges with some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink. I then took some 
and did some misting to bring out the teals and rusts that I used to color enhance the photo that I wanted to use with.


I ran burlap down the edge of one side of the layout, 


and then exposed the ridges on some corrugated board and inked that with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink.



So many of my Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Pieces are designed with separate pieces to make color work sooooo much easier than when the chipboard is one solid piece, and gives you more control over the design. Like 
this  Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Medium Luna Dream Catcher,  the moon pops out of the design, and I was able to emboss it with a YUMMY honey color, 


and before popping it back in, I embossed the piece in a peacock teal color, then dabbed the piece with a Ranger Clear Emboss Ink Dabber heat embossed those dabs with a rust colored powder, and then randomly hit the piece again with the dabber, and heat embossed those dabs with a black powder.


The Flowers and the feathers are also separate pieces, so I was able to easily create pieces with different colors and add them on for lots of dimension. I tucked feathers under the flowers for even more texture and popped Beautiful Beads Bronzed Teal Iridescent Pearls into the holes that are created for those beads.


Next, I took Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Grid Elements, cut the piece into sections, heat embossed them with the Peacock Teal Powder and then added them randomly to my layout.
The beads that I used for dimension and texture are the


To finish off my layout I took a Printed Beautiful Board meets Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Beautiful Words~Tough added that. Tied on some hemp rope and then added another flower, real feather, chipboard feather piece to pull the dream catcher look together beautifully.


Here you can see all the dimension and texture that the Reneabouquets Products helped me to achieve.

I hope you have enjoyed a look at my more grungy masculine side to my art!! Thank you for stopping by!! Hugs ~Renea


Products used from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:

No comments: