Monday, August 27, 2018

Goodbye Summer Layout~

Summer is slowly waning to a close, and I couldn't let it get by me without doing one Summer themed layout. I created this layout using products from Reneabouquets. The only thing that is no longer available is the sold out Blue Ferns Wanderlust Papers. 




I started with a base layer of papers and then tore the second layer to reveal parts of the paper underneath. I then did some distress punching and folding to get a really textured look to start adding embellishments to. I tucked pieces of a Beautiful Board Diamond Elements Laser Cut Chipboard randomly under some of the tears of the paper.


Next, I did a double stack of corrugated board and then glued matching paper to it to get the dimension I wanted. I added my photo to the stack and then topped it with a Beautiful Board Medium Laser Cut Chipboad Seashell Frame and I added some Beautiful Beads Bronzed Teal Iridescent Pearls to the frame as accents.


I exposed the ridged surface of some corrugated board, painted it with Ranger Opaque Crackle Texture Paste, let that air dry to let the crackle develop. Once the paste was dry, I then cracked it even deeper by bending the board. I really love this look and use it a lot!! I inked over the edges and cracks with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Ink to get an aged look. Next, came layers of  Mermaid Shard Glitter Glass and Pearl Shard Glitter Glass topped with Beautiful Beads Bronzed Teal Iridescent Pearls and 

Beautiful Beads Hand Tinted Teal Glass 



I ran cheesecloth across parts of the layout, and at the bottom corner of the frame added flowers from the following sets:
White Curly Roses & Leaves Mulberry Flower Set
and then added a real sea shell for visual interest.


I added some Beautiful Board Starfish Laser Cut Chipboard, painted some accents onto the starfish with ink. and then added more flowers and seashells.




Little random spots of matching flowers, cheesecloth, Beautiful Beads and Shells, add lots of texture and dimension along with the Handcrafted Tiny Treasures Into The Mystic Glitter Glass Butterflies.




Here you can see all the dimension and texture that I captured with the RB products!! I actually design, draw and manufacture my products and this gives me control over adding the things like intricacy and textures that artists crave!!

Thank you so much for coming by to say Goodbye to Summer with me!! I hope you find time to enjoy what is left of it!! Hugs ~Renea

2 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

This is GET OUT GORGEOUS Renea!
Peaceful and almost magical. Beautiful work as always.
I always love your tattered edges : ) and gorgeous embels.
TFS Hugss to you, karen o

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oops! for got to mention a fav part; the corrugated painted distressed
addition with the beautiful 'beads' and embels; - - cheesecloth - -*sigh* soooo pretty~