Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Scraps Of Darkness/Scraps Of Elegance ATC Swap~




Do you love ATCs?? I do!! Working on that small 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 scale pushes my creativity and layering skills, so I thoroughly enjoy the challenge. 

Over at the Scraps Of Darkness/ Scraps Of Elegance Facebook Community, I host a bi-monthly ATC swap, and right now we are nearing the end of the March-April Swap, and in a couple of weeks I will be putting up the May-June Sign Ups, so I hope you will join us!!

I actually took 2 partners this month and first up I have an ATC that I created for my swap partner, Rhue Chantel that I created with the Scraps Of Elegance March Kit~Anna's Day Dream.



I sewed my paper layers and little distressed heart together. Added lots of texture with inked chipboard, layers of trim, cheesecloth, feathers and seed beads. 


Here you can see all the layering in that I did and inking that just add so much depth to these really small pieces. 

This next ATC was created for my Swap Partner-Debbie Cook. I created it from the same kit using some of the same type of elements and colors.


I did edge sewing, torn corner layers, a tulle dress for my Prima Resin Courset, layered in trim, feathers and seed beads for lots of texture,


Here you can see all the textures and layers.


I challenge you to work on a scale or in a medium that you don't normally use. It really can take your artistry to another level!! Once you take that challenge, then I hope that you will come join us for a Swap!! It is so much fun!! Hugs ~Renea






1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

These are sooo pretty....love the pink & white combo - and sooo different!!!! I only did the swap once and enjoyed it immensely....time. That's the Grand Old Enemy in this gal's life!!! Not enough of it!!!