Sunday, October 27, 2013

Scrapmatts Chipboard~Color Our World With Autumn Hues And Christmas Golds

 Hello everybody and welcome to my monthly Scrapmatts Australian Chipboard Reveal!! This month Angella gave us DT, the  Criteria of "Color Our World", and I chose to scrap the colors of Autumn or as we say here in the South, Fall. I just love all the browns, golds, greens and terra cottas of  the changing season~earth tones are my favorite colors :)

The photo is being used with permission from my German Friend,  Meli, who is a model, costume designer and digital artist and the photographer for this photo was Reiner Eisenbeis. You can check out Meli's work  here:



I used layers of  papers that I distressed, tore and painted the edges with Glitter Glam. 


I then took the Scrapmatts CB2007 Page Borders 06 
and painted it with Art Anthology Texture Gel really thick and then heated it up with a heat gun to get a really textured finished, and tucked it into the torn layers of my page to add instant glamour. 



I then gave a CB4056 Ornate Frames 13
the same technique treatment and layered it on, and placed Meli's photo on top.


I took different colors of glitter glam and dripped them below the photo.



I added in Tim Holtz Metal buckles that I tied hand died twine onto, and layered in Pearl Flourishes,  lots of flowers and leaves, including some of my hand crafted Terra Cotta Texture Roses from my Reneabouquets Etsy shop.


Here is a close up of all the texture on the frame. The Quote "Unlock the window to your soul, and let your dreams soar" was Kaisercraft rubons. 


I finished out the layout by adding on a set of my hand crafted Tiger Lily Butterflies for lots of dimension.

I just love the Scrapmatts~Page Borders and Frames!! They make putting together something special a breeze and they have so many different styles that there is something for everybody.

Next, I have 2 Christmas ATCs that I created using mostly golds. I love Christmas golds and greens, they are so elegant!



I started with two of the Scrapmatts  ATC10-002 Arch 01
I then covered both the front and the back with some leftover Bo Bunny papers that I distressed and inked the edges on.



I then wrapped both ATCs with some Vintage Crochet lace, created some hand dyed seam binding bows and added a Jingle Bell to the center and a Scrapmatts  CB1215 Scrap Words 17 that I inked the edges on and added a pearl center to.


The ornate piece is a Tim Holtz Book Plate that I sponge painted with Jacquard Pearl Dimensional Paint and heat set to get the yummy texture and so that it would adhere to the metal. 
The reindeer is a Scrapmatts CB1095 Reindeers 03
that I first coated in Lindy's Magical Micas then I used rubons to create the design, painted accents with Ranger Pearls, and after everything dried, I then glazed the deer for shine and durability. I then popped on a bloom and some fussy cut hand stamped leaves.


Here is a shot of the back.


And here are some shots of the 2nd ATC.






Thank you so much for joining me!!  I just love my Scrapmatts Chipboard and I hope that I have inspired you to break yours out and to try something new ~Hugs~Renea






2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

You have SOOOO done that amazing photo justice with your LO ... & the flowers up the side...yum! And I LOOOVE your Chrissy tags....you're right, gold looks totally elegant & I'm lusting after those GORGEOUS reindeer:):):)

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice Renee!