Tuesday, October 29, 2013

BeWitching~Scraps Of Darkness October Kit~Gothic


Hello, and welcome to the official Scraps Of Darkness Design Team Reveal for the October Kit~Gothic!!

If you love all things Halloween, then this kit is definitely one for you!!!

Here is a sweetly, spooky little Vintage layout that I created using this month's kit and some of those Bat~tastic Add Ons! The Vintage image is one that I found on Pinterest, then I color altered and did some major cleaning up on.


I layered in the first two piece of kit papers. The second layer is one that I distressed
and glittered the edges with the Distress Glitter that was in the kit. I then layered in another layer of paper and a layer of the glittered up bat paper that was in the kit. I then distressed the edges of my photo and two tone inked them. I then randomly stamped with a crackle stamp from a past kit to add lots of depth.



I ran the yummy trim from the Embellishment Add On across the bottom of the layout, added on some past kit flowers, and some flowers from the Floral Add On, as well as some of the flourishes from the kit. The Bewitching Halloween Banner is a die cut piece from the kit applied with foam tape for dimension. 
The Witch's Brew Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop, and feature a hand painted spider web design on the lower wings. 




I took cheesecloth and pulled lots of strands out of it to replicate a spider web then misted some Scrapmatts Chipboard spiders from my DT stash, and popped them in. The Candelabra is a wooden piece from the E.A.O. that I first misted, then painted with Micas, melted fusable webbing onto and then inked it for dimension and texture~a technique I picked up from Joyce Lawrence (Joycekers) a few months back on a project I had seen her do~thank you Joyce for your inspiration!



Here is a close up of my floral work.



And here are some close ups of the chipboard and cheesecloth textures.




This next project is a File Folder Tag Album. The base is actually cut down manilla file folders that I sewed together to form multiple pockets for tucking over sized tags into. This system works to create a unique "mini album" system, with 7 different double sided tags perfect for adding photos to and spots for journaling. You can also tuck more photos or memorabilia into the pockets themselves. I give full credit of the base design to Cherry's Jubilee. She does gorgeous work and I encourage to give her blog a visit, you will not be disappointed!


For the front of the folder a layer of paper from the Paper Add On that I distressed and inked. I then cut out one of the labels from a piece of the Authentique papers, distressed and heavily inked the outer surface. I then took a little Vintage Image that I had gotten from Magic Moonlight Studio that I digitally altered then glitter painted and added her on.


The gorgeous, black lace trim was from the Embellishment add on, the seam binding is some that I hand dyed to match my layout and then added on a stash rhinestone button, and a feather. I then tucked in the little "Hocus, Pocus" die from the kit that I added crystals to and tucked in the oh so FAB, handcrafted stick pin that was created by Mandy Harrell just for this kit and comes in the EAO.



I cut out another label tag from the Authentique paper added on another seam binding bow that I topped with a flower from the kit, and clipped it to the front with a stash 7 Gypsies clip accented with a clear crystal. The Little Pumpkin Glitter Glass Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


I created 6 more tags by punching, distressing, and sewing papers and adding on various cut outs from the paper, seam binding bows, and scrap trim pulls. 




Here is the system with all the tags pulled out. Each tag is double sided.



And here is a view of the back.


It is always such a Treat to see what Melinda is going to put together for Halloween!!! I just love all the spooky meets gorgeous elements that she gives us and it makes for such a fun time over in the forums, blog and Facebook Page.  On our Facebook page, there has been lots of fun games and chances at giveaways, so be sure to head over there and check it out!!! 

I hope you and your's have a fun and FABulous Halloween! Now, it is time for me to jump on my broom and fly on out of here!! Sweet,  sticky, candy covered  hugs~Renea





1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Great Halloween items. Especially love the cheesecloth.