Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Live~Laugh~Love Scraps Of Darkness July Kit~Gypsy Summer


Looking for a kit with the bright, bold shades of Summer? Then look no further than the Scraps Of Darkness July Kit-Gypsy Summer. It features lots of those Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar papers and products and is just packed full of Sumer yumminess!!



The following is a layout that I creatied by pulling out those delicious terra cottas that I love!! I took a photo of some of our friends daughter Maideline, and then got to work to create a rustic, desert/Aztec inspired piece.


I layered up lots of layers of paper, grunged up corrugated board, burlap, cheeseclothe, seed beads, stenciling and punching to create depth, texture, and visual interest all over. 


The papers are from the kit and paper add on, and I grunged up the corrugated board pieces with Art Anthology Mists and Dimensional paints from past kits. That is one thing about the Scraps of Darkness kits and add ons, you get so many wonderful items and technique pieces that you will find yourself reaching for time and time again. 

I used some Chipboard pieces from my Scrapmatts DT stash that I hand colored with distress markers, and layered on lots of flowers from the kit, the Flora & Fauna Add On and past kits.


The wooden letters are in this month's embellishment add on.


Here I created a zipper peek peekaboo, with those wooden letters from the EAO, trim from the kit, and zipper from a past kit.


Here you can see a close up of the stenciling and floral work.


And here you can see a side view that shows off all the dimension created with the layering and techniques.

Thank you so much for the visit and I hope you are finding time to enjoy your Summer. I have been spending lots of time hanging out with Draven, biking, and hiking, and of course finding time here and there to feed my scrappy obsession. Here's to the fun times, laughter, and a little creating that Summer brings! Hugs, ~Renea

No comments: