Monday, July 15, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance July Kit~Home Sweet Home Reveal!!

A worn pair of blue jeans, peeling paint on shutters, butterflies, crochet flowers~oh the things that remind this country girl of home, and here  they are all wrapped up in the gorgeous Scraps Of Elegance July Kit~Home Sweet Home!! 


The following is a layout that I put together surrounding a photo of sweet Maideline Bales that is just full of sunshine and daisies~some of my favorite things!!


I startedwith layers of this month's kit paper and Coordinating paper add on that I punched, stenciled and rolled back to create lots of visual and textural interest. 


I cut a large section of the corner of the top paper off to reveal the papers underneath, and then added cheesecloth from the kit, and crochet trim from my stash. The shutters from the Embellishment add on and some of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy pieces fromt the kit made a perfect matting and framing section for the photo. The stenciling was done with a past kit Prima stencil and cream acrylic paint, and I then added Melissa Francis pearls from a past kit to the design. 


I punched and trim edged some of the paper as a base for all my flower work.  I used the sprays, and burlap flowers from this month's Flora & Fauna Add On, and then added in a large yellow flower and some blue blooms from a past kit and some daisies, and wooden foliage from my stash. I tucked in some of the crochet flowers and stars from the kit. The Shabby Buttercup Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop, and are perfect for adding  unique and beautiful dimension to any project.


Here is a close up of some of the layering inside the floral piece.


And here is an angled view so that you can see all the dimension of the layering and technique.


This next project is for my Make It In Minutes segment over in the Scraps Of Darkness/ Scraps Of Elegance Forums. I created a beautiful Country Chic card with a Gift Card Holder Inside using the Scraps Of Elegance July Kit and this month's Embellisment Add On. I know how hard it is to find the time to scrap, and wanted to do a segment that would allow busy women to put together projects that are not only beautiful, but can be done in a small amount of  time. 





If you would like to see a step by step tutorial on how I put this card together in around 15 minutes, please visit the forum section at the following link:

I would love to see your version ;) 

I hope you have enjoyed your visit and a look at some of my "close to home" projects. Here is to a FABulous week filled with time to create!! Hugs ~Renea

1 comment:

Bellaidea said...

Great page, love colors and photo!Your mini is so cute!