Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Shake It Up!!

I participated in the Reneabouquets November Angel Tag Swap hosted by Reneabouquets Design Team Artist Donna Anderson in the Artists With An Edge Group and I wanted to create something special for my swap partner Marci Bensing. I love all the shaker pieces that I have seen other artists create, so I wanted to make my own Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Shaker Box to go on the tag, so I sat down did all my preliminary drawings and then got to work on all the math and designing to bring the product to life. It is so exciting to have something inside your head and then bring it out in a creation that is all your own!!

I started with a base layer of  Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas Paper, then added a 2nd layer of paper that I stenciled using a Tim Holtz Doily Stencil and Ranger Texture Paste.  I then painted all the edges with Ranger Texture Paste and sprinkled the paste with Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass.


Next, I added a seam binding bow and topped it with a silver Jingle Bell that I dusted with Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass. I took a set of Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Small Angel Wings and heat embossed them a silvery, icicle color added Pink Chunky Glitter Glass to the little heart connector in the set, added some feathers for softness, and



then punched a hole in the heart and added a tiny little jingle bell as a dangle .





I decorated the Premium Paper Cover by first painting it with Ranger Opaque Crackle Paste, letting that air dry and then inking with silver ink to bring out the cracks.   I then painted all the edges with Ranger Texture Paste and sprinkled the paste with Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass.


I just love how it turned out all frosty, beautiful and fun!!


I took 2  Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Small Butterfly Scroll Flourishes, that I gesso'ed,  sprinkled Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass, and added Silver Candy Beautiful Beads Flat back Pearls to and added those to the corners of the Shaker Box.




A layer of Timeless White Lace was added across the bottom, and then I created a floral cluster with flowers from the following sets:


I fussy cut out an angel photo to add to the shaker box. The image was one that I purchased from Etsy Shop: IrelandRoseStudios. I can digitally create my own images, but I love to support other artists and she does an amazing job with her images and the quality is excellent.


Here you can see the side view of the shaker box and all the dimension and detail that went into the tag.
Thank you so much for visiting me and taking a look at one of my projects!! I really love being a part of the paper crafting community and participating in swaps and challenges, and I hope you get a chance to participate in some of the fun events that are hosted out there in the community. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet new artists, create and support one another. Hugs ~Renea

Here is a short little video showing some of the products on this project:


Products Used From Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:

1 comment:

Roosterhead Designs said...

This is stunning Renea! Absolute vintage-gorgeous! Love all the softness and frostiness of your beautifully layered creation~ Hugs, karen o