Friday, November 9, 2018

Creating Beautiful Christmas Decorations is a Snap~

Time to get started on those handcrafted Christmas gifts and decorations!! I love creating items to decorate my home with for the Holidays! Today, I have a Carousel Themed Explosion Christmas Ornament that will be going on my tree this year using products that you can find at Reneabouquets.






Covering the 3 Solid Sides with Prima Santa Baby Paper, and then painting 2 of the small decorative pieces from the Decoration Kit and adding those to the bottom of the box. I can tell it is gloomy here, because my colors are a little off showing up more purplish than the Antique Mauve that they are.
All Chipboard pieces were adhered with Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue.


For the top and the  front of the box, I heat embossed then took some Lindy's Magicals (Sleigh Bells) and painted over the embossing to get a really gorgeous gold shimmer. 


I then added 2 of the Larger Decorative pieces from the kit to each side of the lid and topped the front view with a Tiny Treasures Lissie Glitter Glass Butterfly. I then tied my box closed with a hand dyed seam binding ribbon topped with a Pink & Ivory Mini Rose.



For the inside of the box, I covered all 3 of the solid sides with matching paper, added a painted frame from the decoration kit to the back wall side, and then heat embossed and Magical Painted the bottom and inside front side.



I colored my Carousel Horse with Tim Holtz Distress Markers, added some of the Pink & Ivory Mini Roses to the base and topped them with a Lissie Butterfly Kiss.

I hope that you find the time during this busy Holiday Season to create something beautiful for yourself, family or friends!! Thank you for taking the time to visit!! Hugs ~Renea


Products used from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:

1 comment:

Roosterhead Designs said...

This is absolutely delightful in every way Renea!
Beautiful shabby work! Gorgeous box~ Hugs, karen o