Friday, September 11, 2015

Creating a Soulful~Beautiful~Story With Scraps Of Elegance


TGIF everybody!!! As we head into the weekend, I have a layout that I created using the Scraps Of Elegance September Kit~Lisa's Sweet September Kit. It feature's one of Maddie's Senior photos that I took the background to black & white and left just the Maddie and the colors she was wearing which were perfect for these Blue Fern Papers in the kit.



I did some layering with the kit papers and embellishments and lots of subtle texture and color work that is easily overlooked if you don't see the close ups.



There is lots of distressing and inking that I did using Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, Prima White Crackle Painting on the Corrugated Board, and Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Painting on the torn paper edges,


and here you can see the stenciling that I did with that gorgeous Rebecca Baer Morrocon Tile Stencil that Melinda included in the Elements Add On. I misted it with Prima White Pearl Bloom Spray then over inked it with the Tea Dye Ink. I then splatter painted and dripped Dina Wakely Gesso onto the stenciled are and then added Reneabouquets Silver Microbeads to the drops. 
Those sweet little frames and green string were from the kit and I just added eyelets to the corrugated board to hang them and popped on some Reneabouquets Mini Texture Roses for accents.



For the accents at the top corner of the photo, I used a layer of  Crochet Cluny Lace, flowers from the kit and this month's Floral Add On, as well as a  Petaloo Penny Lane Flower.



The bottom accent has a Prima Resin Frame from a past Kit, flowers from the kit and Floral Add On and a Prima Metal Clock Face

.

I used one of the Graphic 45 Tags and Pockets pieces from the kit to create a pocket behind the photo that you can pull the tag out of to journal on, and accented it with a Reneabouquets Grace Button.

Here is to a great weekend!! We are supposed to have some cooler weather this weekend and boy will I be glad to see it come in!! Thanks for dropping by :) Hugs ~Renea


Items From  Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:






No comments: