Saturday, August 29, 2015

Prima Stationers Desk Pocket Journal~


I hope everyone's weekend is off to a fantastic start!! For a little weekend inspiration, I have a Pocket Journal that I created with lots of goodies from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy and the Prima Stationers Desk Collection.


I started with a Sewn Pocket Journal Base, and then started layering on lots of details.
There are 5 different sized layers of the Stationers Desk papers that I distessed heavily and then added my Vintage Image to.



At the bottom of the journal I ran some Crochet Lace #002 that I misted with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Spray Stain for a wonderful, aged Vintage look.




On the layer of paper under my photo, I painted the paper with Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, let it air dry and then inked over it and around the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add in lots of YUMMY texture and an aged look.



Next I took a strip of burlap, tied it, then added on matching Prima flowers and foliage at the bottom corner of my photo. The Precious Keepsakes Glitter Glass Butterflies are some of my hand crafted creations that I carry in both my shops, and if you fold the wings up, you get such wonderful dimension and all my chunky painting and glittering add lots of texture and color. A special feature I offer in my shops is the ability to choose your antenna color, which only adds to the ability to match whatever project you are creating. 



For the gorgeous Vintage clock piece, I took a Metal Baroque Frame , layered on a Tim Holtz Metal clock piece, popped on a mini rose and added a Reneabouquets Small Key Trinket, and then for the pendelum, I took a Prima Metal Trinket  Timeless Recaptured Alpha added the "R" from the pieces that came with it and wired it to Baroque Frame piece to create a "WOW" piece for my journal. 


Here you can see all the pieces untucked. There are 2 large, punched pieces, 2 Large Tag pieces, and 3 smaller tags. All these pieces give you double sided areas to journal, place small photos, attatch momentos and you can tuck some extra momento or clip them with the metal Prima paper clip for added storage. 




The tuck in pieces have hand dyed seam binding bows, matching roses and Timeless Rhinestone Button Accents In Gold.


The backside is finished out in matching Prima Paper to give the piece a nice designer look. 

Thanks so much for dropping by! I am now off to go make salsa, and do some canning! Fall is just around the corner here and Winter will be here before we know it, so I have to get all that done while I can. Hugs ~Renea


Items from  Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:



1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

I love this idea of a journal pocket. This would make a lovely gift for someone. Your piece is so gorgeous and all the elements you've added are wonderful! I may have to give this a try for my daughter-in-law within the next few months - she just lost her Mother - and I know she would treasure a little journal.