Saturday, September 19, 2015

What If You Fly Swag Bag Created For Phyllis Fernandez~


Over on the Scraps Of Darkness/Scraps Of Elegance Facebook Community Page, I am hosting a Swag Bag Swap this month, and my swap partner is Phyllis Fernandez. I created the following Swag Bag for her, and today I am just showing the Bag Portion of my gift to her, as part of my Scraps Of Elegance Design Team work with the Lisa's Sweet September Kit. I am saving the photos of the inside goodies as a surprise for Phyllis, and I hope she loves the bag and all the goodies that I chose just for her.

I took my inspiration from some Angel Wings that I saw on Pinterest by Carla Nathan:


I changed  the Design of my wings to an "in flight " spread, instead of a resting stance, by hand drawing my own wings and  going from there. I just love anything winged, and these Angel Wings were perfect for the the theme that I was creating for Phyllis's Bag. 


I started with just a plain white 8 x 10 gift bag, and I created chipboard panels for it to mount on all 4 sides, painted the edges white with white gesso, and then layered on papers from the kit that I distressed and inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.




I then added some of my FAV white, beaded Fuzzy Trim from my stash around the top of the bag,



I then took some lace and wrapped the handles to give them a nice designer look, added some seam bindine that I misted with Prima ~Tea Dye Color Bloom and crinkled, some pieces of lace panel and popped on a sweet little Reneabouquets Tiny Treasure Gold Tinsel Butterfly.



I added on a 2nd layer of kit papers that I edged in Diamond Glitter Glass, and Reneabouquets Microbeads In Gold. Next came a layer of  Golden Goddess Embroidered Lace.



I created my Angel Wings by drawing out my pattern onto chipboard, and cutting them out. I then covered the chipboard with lace panel, and then pleated crepe paper and added it onto the chipboard in layers to simulate feathers. I brushed over the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, and then randomly shot the crepe paper with spray adhesive and sprinkled on some Reneabouquets Chunky Glitter Glass In Diamond. I aded some feathers and a Large Vintage Romance Pearl & Rhinestone Brooch to the center.


I layered in a paper Doily, a  Prima Victorian Frame Resin that I rubbed some Inka Gold from a past kit on to, and then I took a little Vintage Image that someone had created an Inspirational piece out of  with the quote "What If I fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly?", on Tumbler, did some digital color changing, then fussy cut her out, and added some Diamond Glitter Glass to her wings and popped her onto the frame. 



I created flower layers from some stash mulberry flowers, some of the Petaloo Flowers from this month's floral add on, some more hand dyed seam binding and some hand stamped, fussy cut leaves.


I took one of the Blue Fern Chipboard Crowns from the kit, inked it and then added Inka Gold accents, turned it upside down and placed it under the resin frame as an accent.





For the backside of the Swag Bag, I added more lace, a hand stamped Doily and a piece of a FAVorite Emily Dickenson Quote "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul" as a flow through on my Wings theme.




I created a piece for the bottom of the quote, by taking the Blue Fern Chipboard heart, covering it with Gold Microbeads mixed with Diamond Gliter Glass, and then I hand crafted paper clay wings and added Inka Gold Accents, and layered it all on as one piece.

I hope Phyllis loves her Swag Bag as much as I loved receiving mine from her. Here is a photo of the one she sent me. Of course it has all the goodies in the photo, because I already received it!!!



I hope you take the time to join in on a fun swap somewhere!! That is one of the best parts about crafting is the people you meet along the way in the crafting community!! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!! Hugs ~Renea








1 comment:

Roosterhead Designs said...

O My Gracious this is heavenly Renea!!!!
I could spend hours just swooning over it! ; )
There is no place to 'begin' my comment because
I love it ALL Sooo much~
I am so glad you shared! It is inspiring and very beautiful.
All the details you give in your description are so helpful; TFS
It is almost like one of the beautiful box's you create!
(I have been a long while w/o google but am back on
- so I can start commenting here again: )
I love all the glitters and micro`s~
Karen