Monday, May 18, 2015

Hope Altered Book Box~


As we get closer and closer to Summer time, my mind starts to wonder to the beach, and when I saw this old Vintage Photograph , I just knew that I had to use the Scraps Of Darkness Kit~Laura's Wish to create a Memory Box that reflected a time worn seaside look.



I started with a paper mache book box that I coated with Dina Wakely Gesso, and then added layers of distressed and Tim Holtz Weather Wood Inked  kit papers. 




Next, I added in some of the Ephemera pieces from the kit,  then  came my photo.  I rolled some of the kit papers and tied them together with burlap string and added them in with the ephemera pieces.




 and  I then added some clocks that I fussy cut out from the kit papers, adding a Prima Sea Resin Starfish piece and some Prima Metal Clock Hands to the one at the bottom photo corner. 

The bricks were cut from the Prima packaging housing some of the kit embellishments that I painted with Prima White Sand Texture Paste. The flowers were from this month's floral add on, the seashells were some real ones from my stash, and the Tiny Treasures Patina Butterflies  are from my Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.




For the "binding " Side I layered on Tissue Tape and some Delicate Beauty Lace. Inking over the tissue tape to get depth of color. 


I created "pages" using a Ranger Texture Paste, technique and inking. The book ties closed with hand dyed seam binding ribbon.



On the inside I inked the gesso painting, added on strips of tissue tape and then layered some of the kit Ephemera into the bottom and Mod Podged over it, then gesso and Crackle Painted over them to give them a faded, time worn look. 


For the back I heavily distressed and inked kit paper with the "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow " quote on it that I used on the front of the box. 

Thank you so much for dropping by!! I hope you have enjoyed my off the page project, and that you find the time to make and keep some Summer memories of your own!! Hugs ~Renea




Items from the Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy Shop that were used on this project:

Prima Sea Resin Starfish
Tim Holtz Crackle Paint





2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful - inside and outside!

Melody Daniel said...

I love the beachy-summer theme to this!!! :) Such a gorgeous book, Renea!!!