Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Scraps Of Darkness Reveals It's March Kit~Radioactive



After this long (very long), dull (very dull) Winter, the Scraps Of Darkness March Kit~Radioactive landed at my front door and washed my world in color!! Just in time too, because I was starting to get a little cabin fever!! So if you are looking for a ray of sunshine in your neck of the woods, I encourage you to grab one of these colorfully fun kits and get to creating!!

The following is the whimsically FAB sketch by Sue Pup:



And the following is my take on the sketch, using some photos of my oldest niece Megan and one of her long time friends Melissa! Their happy BFF shots were just perfect for all the fun elements and funky fresh colors and patterns in this kit!


I started with a base layer of the kit paper, then took a second layer and distressed and tore the edges. I then coated the paper with gesso, and gradient misted it to get the colors I wanted.


I then tore more layers of papers and tucked in one of the circular calenders from the kit, and added my first photo of the girls and then popped on one of the Prima Chipboard pieces from the kit that said "Click It" .


Next I fussy cut out the frame fom the Coordinating Paper Add on, created a burlap string "hanger" that I topped it with a little inked wooden heart from the kit, inked then stamped one of the wooden butterflies, mounted the 2nd photo of the girls and tucked the butterfly under the corner.


I then created flower layers with cheesecloth flowers from the kit and Floral Add On, inked wooden foliage from the kit, and another stamped wooden butterfly. Next I added the large Prima Chipboard "Hippie Chic" piece from the kit.


I created another floral layer at the corner of the second photo.  I went through my layout and added some of the Tim Holtz Rub On Phrases from the kit.


For a really cool look, I stamped tissue paper with the Chevron stamp from the kit, tore it into strips and added it to my layout, then stamped with gesso using the same stamp randomly throughout the layout. In the bottom corner I added a piece of "Love" Chipboard from the kit, then rolled some of the leftover paper from all my tearing, and topped it with some burlap string and a little inked wooden heart from the kit.



I tied some long burlap strings into bows and added more little hearts and added them to the layout, then puff painted some of my edges and flowers, heated it up to get that yummy texture I love!!

So fun, so funky and so fresh!!! Perfect for a young, more mixed media look that looks great with all those selfies and BFF pics!


When I saw all the lemon elements to this kit, I just couldn't resist doing some fun and FABulous Lemonade Cards!!



I just loved the boldness of combining some black with the yellows and lime greens~so delicious!!



For this card, I used lots of different layers of distressed papers.
The Lemonade Crush Butterflies  are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



Did some stippling with white acrylic paint, then added cheesecloth, and flowers from the floral add on and my stash, texture painting the edges of the daisy leaves.


I created a fun polka dot bow from some stash ribbon, and then topped it with one of the little wood veneer lemons from the kit that I colored in and then added tinted glitter glass to for texture.


I added matching paper to the back for a finished look.


This card has layers of distressed kit papers as well, and then I stipple painted randomly with white acrylic paint.


I added another polka dot bow, but this time topped it with a rhinestone button.
The Polka Dots & Bling Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


I then added cheesecloth for texture and flowers from the floral add on and my stash.


And the back of this one is finished out in matching paper as well.

 I hope you caught a few rays of sunshine from my blog! I know I always catch a few from all the sweet comments that all my scrappy friends leave me! Here's to warmer days and a more relaxed pace! Hugs~Renea




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! So much fresh work here!
You will have us all in 'Springtime'
(weather or not!) Renea!
Beautiful and creative!~

lost coast scrapper said...

Your work with this kit is so beautiful Renea!! xo