Friday, March 21, 2014

Inkido March Challenge~Easter Cards

Each month over at the Inkido Blog , we have a fun challenge with a mood board photo prompt, and this month's is so blingalicious!! 


I actually created two different card and tag sets based on that FABulous mood board.
The first one is an Easter Card & Tag Set that features some of the newest Spring Time Papers by Inkido and can be found here on the Paper Craft Scandanavia Site:
or through the supplies links at the bottom of my post. 



I was inspired by not only all that bling but by the touches of greens and yellows, and decided on a Rustic meets Shabby look.



For the card I used layers of deeply distressed and edge stained papers, I added burlap and lace for texture, and the sweet little chick image is from the papers~sweet! 



I took an Inkido corrugated board heart and inked and dry brushed it with gesso then added on some Inkido bling, some burlap and topped it with a little Inkido mulberry paper rose.



At the bottom I took some of the Inkido Sheaf pieces and tied them together with burlap strips and topped them with one of those blingalicious Harmony Flowers.



For the tag, I took another corrugated heart, dry brushing and inking it then added more bling, burlap, another mulberry flower, some lace, some more Sheaf and fussy cut a little butterfly from the papers and topped it with some of the bling and popped it on.



I just punched a hole and tied some of the left over burlap string through it to create my hang tag.






I literally squeeled when I saw this little Chicken paper in my newest DT parcel!!! I am a country girl at heart and I just love chickens, and who can resist chickens with red umbrellas??!! Luckily, the reds and yellows were perfect for this challenge, and I pulled them together with some rustic pieces to get that beautiful meets edgy look that I love so much.


I layered in lots of layers of the Inkido papers, extreme distressing the edges and staining them, then tearing a spot in the top of the design to let some of the chicken wire I used peek through.
The yellow and red mulberry paper flowers are from Inkido, and the little image is from the papers.


I cut the papers so that on the inside of the card, I got that sweet little image in the bottom corner.



And this is the back side finished out.




And here is the sweet little matching tag I created with an Inkido Corrugated Tag, a layer of paper and a fussy cut, Stickle edged matching image along with some more of that chicken wire.

I love, love, love, the new paper lines from Inkido!! If you haven't seen them yet you should head over and take a peak! I love that they have papers with little images you can cut out and use, and whether you are shooting for a traditional look, rustic, Shabby Chic, or whimsical look there is something for everyone!!
Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a great weekend! Hugs ~Renea


Inkido Supplies:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww that was a very beautiful Easter card! This year, I'm planning to create my own card too, and this gives me inspiration. My best and happy Easter wishes to you and everyone.

Hugs xxx Mich