Sunday, December 1, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance Reveals The December Kit~Mistletoe Memories




Oh, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Yes, December is here and it is the official reveal of our Scraps Of Elegance December Kit~Mistletoe Memories!! I love all things Christmas, and this kit is definitely a little piece of Christmas magic with all the Bo Bunny, Graphic 45 pieces teamed with all the add ons, it is sure to have you ooooohing and aaaaahing! And if you are a inky, glitzy girl then the Color Add On is so FABulous! I think I have used that Vivi Croco Gold on every project I have touched so far :)

The following is the beautiful sketch that Melinda created for us this month:



And the following layout is my take on it. It features a photo of me and my son, Draven when he was 6 in front of our Christmas tree, and keeping in mind how many of those memories that one would love to journal about, I created a pocket in the right hand corner of my layout and filled it with little tags that can be pulled out to document some of the favorite Christmas details onto.


I started with 3 different layers of papers that I distressed, punched and sewed. I then distress crackled some spots with the Viva Croco Gold that was in the Color Add On. then used a script stencil over that with the Inka Gold to add lots of yummy texture.


I layered in Some of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy pieces, topped them with distressed and inked paper and then added one of my stash Tresors De Luxe crochet doilies and then added my photo. The ornaments are Bo Bunny Noteworthy pieces that I glitter painted and accented with gems, and then applied with foam tape for dimension. I used a flower spray from the Floral Add on and then added one of the Poinsettias from the FAO that I edge inked with some of the Inka Gold from the CAO and tucked in a flower from the kit, a stash bloom and a some sticker foliage from the kit.





To form my pocket I punched and folded down the right hand corner of my page. I added some stash crochet trim that I ran through my sewing machine and ruffled. I tucked in another Inka Gold Poinsettia and bloom.


 The tags are a Noteworthy piece that I added seam binding to, another Bo Bunny piece that I tied some of the EAO trim to and added a stash jingle bell, and  one of the G-45 Stickers from the EAO and turned it into a tag with a Bo Bunny trinket dangle, 


The bottom corner piece was crated with some more of the stash ruffled trim,  sticker pieces and hand crafted butterflies from the kit, and flowers from the FAO.
The hand crafted Ruby Slipper Glitter Glass Butterflies can be found in this month's kit and in my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


Her you can see a close up of the detail that rubbing the Inka Gold gives the flowers.

This next project is an altered Nook Book Box.


The front of the box is covered in some of the more Vintage look papers from the kit. I hand stamped the paper layer behind the photo and sewed the edges on the top two pieces. The Vintage Photo is from  http://magicmoonlightfreeimages.blogspot.com/
I then took it into Photoshop and tweaked it and colorized the background, and distressed and inked the edges for a worn look. I added stash lace Flowers from the kit and Floral Add On mixed in with hand stamped leaves and die cut foliage. The sentiment "Joy Of Christmas" is a sticker pieces and it and the Bo Bunny Trinket were from the kit. The Chipboard pieces are from my Scrapmatts DT stash that I touched randomly with the Inka Gold from the CAO. I used a Salted Carmel Glitter Glass Butterfly  from my shop, and added a Vintage look button on top of a metal bobbin to form a closure for the book.



All the sides of the book were painted with gesso, then with the Inka Gold Croco to get that amazing texture. I then wiped finish down with walnut stain to bring out the aged look of the Croco. The handle is an upcycle cabinet handle that I colored with alcohol ink and then added some little metal bells to.


I used some of the trim from the EAO that wraps around the bobbin to close the book.



Here is the back side with all that Croco texture!!





I love all those new Petaloo Faux dried blooms that Melinda put in the kit and Floral Add On, they look so real and the colors are amazing!



Here is the inside of my "nook" book. Little nooks full of Christmas delights :)


On the left I covered the inside with layers of  the papers, and some lace. Then added some of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy pieces accented with crystals and a flower from the FAO.


Inside the nooks are pieces fromt he kit and add ons, as well as lace, an upcycled tea bag that I stamped with the little stamps from the kit, and a sweet little Scrapmatts tea piece that I painted and decorated.

And last, but not least, I have a 
Make It In Minutes project~
We are officially on for the countdown to Christmas!! 
I know one of the most popular gifts to give and to receive are Gift Cards, but who wants to hand one over in one of those card board cards they come in or even more in one of those so un-FAB gift card holders. I have come up with a quick, yet so FABulous way to give one~in a little holder that is shaped like a match book,  and yes you can Make It In Minutes!!
Give me 15 minutes with your Gift Card, the December Scraps Of Elegance Kit and Add Ons , and I can have you out the door with a wonderful present that anyone would love to get!








Come join me in the forums at:


And walk step by step through this project, so that you can
Make It In Minutes!!

If you love Christmas as much as I do, I urge you to check this kit out!! So much Christmas deliciousness that will have you creating Holiday memories, presents, cards and tags that will bring so much Christmas Joy long after the Season has gone.

Here's to peace, joy and happiness throughout this time!! Hugs, ~Renea




1 comment:

Micupoftea said...

Hello Renea! My goodness, that is a gorgeous photo of you and Draven...so blessed! I love your LO, especially the clock in the bottom corner. ALways a joy to visit your blog.Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy December, dear lady! :)
S