Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Peaceful~Scraps Of Darkness December Kit~Winter Wonderland


The Scraps Of Darkness December Kit~Winter Wonderland made it's debut on the 16th, but with it being around the Holidays, Melinda gave the Design Team extra time to do their reveal layouts. That is one of the things that I love about working for the Scraps Of Darkness and Scraps Of Elegance teams, we are very family oriented and Mel never expects us to compromise our families in order to turn out projects. 
I have to say,  after taking almost 2 weeks off, I was ready to get back in my scrap room and get my hands dirty!!


Fur, puff paint, and Bo Bunny!!! This kit is just so Winterlicious, it made sliding back into creating a dream!

  

I went straight for the wonderful and inspiring sketch by Charlotte (Suepup), and  after riffling through the papers, I knew I wanted to do a layout with a snow owl. They are just so gorgeous and peaceful, and I found the perfect photo on http://www.free-picture.net 


I used lots of different layers of paper that I distressed, edge painted with the Icicle Stickles and puff pen from the kit, machine sewed, hand sewed, and did some tearing and snow tex painting on some other pieces and the photo.


There was a FAB chipboard tree in the embellishment add on as well as some Leaky Shed chipboard snowflakes in the kit.



I crackle painted them in a first layer, then puff painted the edges and then added micro beads and glitter in spots to add a super Wintery look to them.


I frayed some burlap and added it in behind the photo for a rustic look and then added a "peaceful" sticker from the EAO at the top of the photo.


 The flower layer is some stash feathers, and rhinestone button, surrounded by flowers from the kit and floral add on that I edge puffed with the pen from the kit. 


I took a circular piece from the stickers in the EAO and edged it with the Stickles from the kit and then gussied up another Leaky Shed snowflake and added on one of the metal charms from the EAO and a stash Prima E Crystal. 




I just love all the dimension and texture that the layers and techniques created! If you love techniques, textures and layers then the Scraps Of Darkness Kits and Add Ons are the perfect solution. The kits really are so original and gorgeous and the best thing~they arrive at your door ready to create with!!

Here's to a New Year filled with cups of hot chocolate and tea, fireside naps, and lots of scrappy fun!! Hugs~Renea




No comments: