Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family

The following layout was created using the Scraps Of Darkness September Kit-Passages, and a beautiful sketch #92 that was done by Ashley Van Etten. She created the sketch for Little Shop Of Sketches, and although I could not do the sketch in their time frame, I saved it to use with this kit. Thank you Ashley, for the inspiration!

 Ashley's Sketch #92:


The layout  is of my niece Megan, my nephew Zach, and my little niece Haley. To them I am Aunt Nea Nea, and I just love to hear them call me that. Something special about a nickname that comes from your baby sister's children. They are all growing up fast, so I am glad my sister had this photo done of them together before their lives headed out in different directions.

I started this layout with a piece of stash card stock then took a piece of the white card stock from this month's add on and did some technique work. First, i distressed it heavily even tearing and rolling the paper in places. I then took some of the stain from a previous kit and distress stained the edges. I then took some of the Smooch Spritz from this month's C.A.O. and misted some places and then unscrewed the top and flipped some of the color onto the page in large splotches.
I then took a Crafter's Workshop Clock template and used gel medium to create the 2 different clock faces. With the template still in place, I spritzed it with the Smooch Spritzes from the C.A.O. , then gently removed the template.

I then took 2 different pieces of  kit pp and heavily distressed and inked the edges to create the layers behind the photo. I then adhered the photo, and used some of the Bo Bunny Rub Ons from the Romance add on to add interest to the bottom layer. I took one of the flowers from the Flora & Fauna A.O. painted the center bling with the Smooch from the CAO, then took 2 flowers from a previous kit, pulled the centers off, took some of the Prima Printery Flowers from the Flora & Fauna A.O., smooched them with the same smooch spritz and popped them in the blank centers to create new flowers that matched my layout.
I cut pieces of pp, and punched the edges, and popped it behind the peek a boos my paper tears had created. I then took some of the Teresa Collins trim from the kit and pleated it to form the bottom piece,  used the same flower process as the one I used on the photo corner flowers to create the flower layer. I stamped the frame image using the Glitz Girl Stamp from the Romance A.O. and then stamped the work FAMILY onto it using the Mixed Media Ink from the C.A.O. added a Prima pearl from my stash and a small SM chipboard butterfly that I had painted with Mica from last month's C.A.O. and smooched with this month's spritz.
For the upper corner piece, I used one of the Bo Bunny Rub Ons from the Romance A.O. , a piece of the leftover T.C. trim from the bottom piece, 2  of the Smooched Prima Flowers, a stash clock face with a smooched brad, and a SM chipboard butterfly that I painted with Mica and then used the smooch spritz to paint the accent on.

Thank you for joining me in my time travels, I hope you have enjoyed the first part of the ride through the four reveal layouts I created using the gorgeous Passages kit. I am off to see where else my mind and this kit takes me, and hope you will join me! Until then ~Renea

No comments: