Thursday, September 15, 2011

Class Of "81"

I created the following layout for a challenge that ScrapMatts is hosting. The challenge is to scrap lift someone from their gallery. I chose to scrap lift Sonia Thomason's layout, "17 years".

This is Sonia's gorgeous layout:

This is my lift:

I created this challenge layout using my Scraps Of Darkness  September Kit-Passages, and it features my husband's Senior Picture from his graduating class of 1981.  I had been waiting on the perfect pps to scrap this photo with and they arrived at my front door when this month's kit arrived! My husband and I have been married for 21 years and dated for 3 years. I have actually known him since I was 15 years old, so yes I knew him back when he had the feathered hair, and smooth skin. I loved those beautiful brown eyes back then and I am still in love with them all these years later.

I started this layout with a piece of card stock from last month's add on, then took a piece of this month's Bo Bunny Et Cetera paper and distressed it heavily, and then stained the edges. I took a 2nd piece of BB paper and tore it to the size I wanted and stained the edges. The 3rd layer is a piece of card stock from last month's add on that I water distressed, inked up with the Mixed Media Leather Ink from this month's color add on and then stained the edges with the Tim Holtz stain from July's Kit. I then positioned my photo and got to work on the details.



I took a large rustic grunged up gear from my Etsy Shop , some SM gears that I painted up using different techniques, a large Petaloo flower from my stash, a Prima sugar plum rose from a previous kit and one of the Prima printery flowers from the Flora & Fauna Add On, and a Spare Parts Clock Face from my stash, and created my flower layer. I then took a SM flourish that I cut in 1/2 to look like a hinge and gussied it up with Mist and puff paint.

I then went to the top right hand corner and repeated the layering, with the only difference being that I added in a Tattered Angels Antique key that I accented with some of the Smooch Paint from this month's Color Add On.


I took a Tim Holtz Antique plate and accented it with the Smooch Paint from the color add on and put the 81 of my title onto cream cardstock and adhered it to the plate. I added some burlap to the photo edge, did some hand stitching and accented a stash TH photo corner and added it to the bottom corner of the pp.

I then finished my title out at the top of the layout, did some more hand stitching, added some burlap and one of the Prima Butterflies from the Flora & Fauna Add On, and another accented TH photo corner. Then to add a bit more texture and visual interest, I went through and stamped a grunge pattern randomly on the layout with the Mixed Media Leather Ink from the color add on. And that was my lift!

Thank you Sonia for your inspiration, and thank you to all my friends for taking the time to look! ~Renea

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Love the chippies and the bookplate and that hair!