Sunday, December 4, 2016

Joyful Christmas Book Box & Tag Album~Blue Fern Studios

For my third and final Blue Fern Studios Design Team project, I have a Christmas themed Book Box with Tag Album Set to share with you. I created this piece using the Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas Paper Collection. 



The book box was already a beautiful Ivory color and so I just started layering on goodies to quickly produce a wonderful Vintage Christmas look.
I used a layer of  Jolly Paper that I distressed the edges on, and then took a layer of  Let It Snow Paper, distressed the edges on it and popped it on for a double layer look. 


I added wide gold lace to the "binding" side of the book box and wrapped it around to the front over the edges of the paper layers.


I then took a Blue Fern Studios Dangled Flake Chipboard Piece, painted it with gesso, and then randomly dabbed it with embossing ink, and heat embossed it with Imagine Ink 14 Karat Embossing Powder. I cut out the candy cane piece from the Holiday Cards Paper, and mounted it in the frame, topped it with a hand dyed seam binding bow, and white mini rose, and then added one of my handcrafted Victorian Christmas Die Cuts.


Here you can see all the texture that the embossing powder adds to the frame.



At the corner of the frame, I added a mulberry paper flower, leaves and a Blue Fern Soft Blossom Flower.  I cut the "A Joyful Christmas" piece from the Holiday Cards Paper, edged it with puff paint and added some tiny jingle bells.




I added some elegant lace to the sides of the book box and created a closure tie with some more gold and white lace.



On the inside of the box, I used some Let It Snow Paper to cover the left hand side, and added more of the elegant lace. The tag album had 3 double sided tags and I got to work decorating them.


The front tag features Twas The Night Paper topped with a Holiday Cards Paper Piece, some lace, some Blue Fern Soft Blossoms, mini mulberry paper rose.


The back side is covered with the Twas The Night Paper.


The Second Tag features Holiday Treats Paper, topped with a Holiday Cards Paper piece, and some Delicate Lace.


The back side features more Holiday Treats Paper, topped with a Holiday Cards Paper piece, and some Delicate Lace.


The third tag features Twas The Night Paper, topped with Timeless Lace and a Holiday Cards Paper Piece.


And the back side features Twas The Night Paper.



I covered the back side of the book box with Jolly Paper for a finished designer look.

I hope that you have enjoyed my work for Blue Fern Studios as much as I have enjoyed working with their gorgeous products!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:

Vintage Christmas 2 Paper Collection:
Jolly
Let It Snow
Holiday Cards
Holiday Treats
Twas The Night

Chipboard:
Dangled Flake

Imagine Ink:
14 Karat Embossing Powder

Flowers:
Soft Blossoms


No comments: