Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Little Halloween Magic With The Scrap Of Elegance October Kit~


When I got the October Scraps Of Elegance~Tiffany's Style Kit and saw the Polka Dotted Paper and chartreuse colored FabScraps Paper, I immediately thought, I so want to do a Halloween Project!! Then I saw the wooden shaped piece and thought, yes, I'll make a Banner with one of my little Vintage Witches!
So, I took one of my digitally altered Witches, gave her a glitter painted hat, and fussy cut her out.


I took the wooden banner, traced it onto the polka dot paper from the kit, cut 2 sets of  it out, distressed the edges, and inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink In Spiced Marmalade, and glued it to both sides.


I then cut out a square of the kit paper, distressed the edges then stencile it with the stencil from the kit and some black puff paint, then heat it up to add dimenstion, and added my image.



I ran some Crochet Lace across the bottom and topped it with some black lace I had left over from a past kit. Next, I added a Black Chiffon Flower, some flowers from the kit and this month's floral add on and some stash feathers, bottle cap with little owl piece, and a "The Witching Hour" piece. 



I had some little potion bottle stickers from a past Scraps Of Darkness Kit and I added a little glass vile to the top of those. The spider webbing is just some cheesecloth, and the spiders are just those fun, cheap plastic spiders we all have lying around at Halloween topped with some of the Chartreuse Pearls from the Kit.  



I took two Time Piece trinkets from my Reneabouquets Shops and added those, threading hand dyed seam binding through the loops and creating a handle to hang my banner from.

I love Halloween fun projects, and this example shows you how you can take the October Kit and make it fit your Halloween Project needs. I hope you have fun creating your own Boo~tiful projects!! Hugs ~Renea





No comments: