Friday, July 31, 2015

More Than Words~


TGIF everybody!! It has been a long, super hot week here in Tennessee and I am so ready for the weekend!! Before I head off for some rest and relaxation, I have a layout to share with you that I created with the Scraps Of Elegance July Kit~Patricia's Memoirs. I used a photo of my sweet niece Haley, and I just can't believe how quickly she is changing and growing up. 


I started with a bottom layer of kit paper, then trimed down a second piece, distressing the edges and then cutting and water distressing the drapped pattern at one corner to reveal more of the pattern of the 1st layer of paper.



I added some extra texture to the background by using a Tim Holtz Doily Stencil and Ranger Texture Paste to create the pattern and then with the stencil still on I sprayed over it with Gilded Gold Prima Bloom Spray.

I created a matte for my photo out of corrugated board that I inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink In Tea Dye, and then added some Reneabouquets Gold Microbeads, and 
Reneabouquets Sand Glitter Glass for lots of "chunky" texture.


The large floral layer, beside the photo was created using the Prima Flowers from this month's Floral Add On ,  flowers and sticker pieces from the Kit, resin flowers from this month's Elements Add On, along with a Reneabouquets Large Blush Chiffon Flower, and the handcrafted butterflies are Reneabouquets Champagne Dreams Butterflies that can be found in my Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy Shops.


The smaller floral layer over the water distressed area include, a flower from the Kit, a Prima Tatiana Flower, a Blue Fern Chipboard Window from the Kit, and a  Prima Resin Rabbit. I created a bow from the crochet trim in the Elements Add On, popped on a fussy cut sticker from the kit and then added a sweet little Prima resin flower from the E.A.O. I created my quote by cutting out some of the stickers from the kit to form "More Than Words". 

I hope you have a fun filled, creative weekend!! For me I am going to rest, spend some time with my family and keep in out of the heat!! Thanks for the visit! Hugs ~Renea 





No comments: