Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Make A Little Magic With The Scraps Of Elegance June Kit~


The Scraps Of Elegance June Kit~Stephanie's Treasure has now sold out!! The kits that Melinda Kelly puts together are so amazing and in order not to miss out on them, you  have to purchase a subscription, and right now she is running a $5.00 off any $35.00 purchase special through June 27th, so it is a perfect time to grab a kit subscription as well as sign up to be permanent on any of the gorgeous monthly Add Ons. 

The following is a layout that I created using the Stephanie's Treasure Kit. 


I wanted to capture a really soft Shabby Chic meets "edgy" look, so I started with a piece of the wood grain paper from the kit.



I then created some layers underneath my photo by taking more of the kit paper , tearing some corrugated board that I painted with Dina Wakley Gesso and then edged with Ranger Texture Paste , then sprinkled the texture paste with some Reneabouquets Chunky Glitter Glass In Pink for that "Chunky" sparkly texture that I love!! I then curled the paper randomly around the chipboard for added dimension, and added my photo.


Next came some random curling around the edge of my layout, and I then layered in some more of that gesso, texture paint and Glitter Glass edged corrugated board behind them.
I then dripped some of the Gesso onto my layout and sprinkled it with more of the RB Glitter Glass. 


I created floral sections, by adding on the paper doilies from the kit, cheesecloth from my stash, flowers from this month's floral add on. I dabbed over the large flower with some of the Dina Wakley Gesso to soften the color, and then sprayed it with spray adhesive and sprinkled on some Reneabouquets Chunky Glitter Glass In Diamond to add some sparkle and texture. 



A View of the top floral layer and the dimension of all the colors and textures. 


I then used the Stamp from the Embellishment Add On, and stamped the corner of my layout. I added some silver wire to "hang" two of the little light bulbs from the EAO and then took the ribbon from the kit, tied little bows and topped them with some little hand painted mulberry flowers.



I pleated and tucked in some Reneabouquets Dainty Flower Lace at the torn top and bottom corners of the corrugated board. Added another little light bulb and then inked over a Prima Resin Ballerina
To top off the layout with that special touch, I added some of my Reneabouquets Sweet Pea Glitter Glass Butterflies from the Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy.

I hope you are having fun creating a little magic of your own this Summer!! Hugs ~Renea







Items used on this layout from the Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:

Reneabouquets Sweet Pea Glitter Glass Butterflies
Reneabouquets Dainty Flower Lace



No comments: