Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Getting Grungy With The Scraps Of Darkness March Kit~Michelle's Mechanicals


Have you seen the Scraps Of Darkness March Kit yet??!! It is named after one of our scrappy sister's Michelle Phillips~Michelle's Mechanical Madness Kit! So grungy and chalked full of Michelle's FAVorite things, and it soooo put me in the mood to get my masculine side on and to get out all my color and get messy! I grabbed a selfie that my son, Draven had taken and got busy.


Layers of distressed and inked kit papers make up this layout.  I did some tearing and deep edge staining,  brick work, gesso painting and wire work.



I used Ranger Texture Paste with a brick stencil to create the brick walls, and  layers of the Lindy's Cajun Carnelian Red from the kit, Lindy's Denim from the Color Add On, and Tim Holtz Peacock Spray Stain  to get the colors. The top metal piece is a Prima Office Metals piece. 



Here you can see a close up of the brick work and layers of color. I added a Tim Holtz faucet from my stash then wired up a TH word charm from a past kit and wrapped it around the faucet.



The strips are layers of the kit paper that I painted with Dina Wakley Gesso , and hit the edges and brushed over the top with the Tsukineko Rusty Brown Ink from this month's color add on. I then misted some canvas strips with the same mists in the brick work, frayed the edges and added them on. I used sheetrock tape to create the cross hatched wire look pieces, and added another stash TH Faucet piece with another wire wrapped charm from a past kit.  


I cut out a chipboard clock and then inked it with the Rusty Brown Ink and hit it with some Vintage Photo Spray Stain, added some Tim Holtz Clock pieces, then fussy cut the title "Live A Full Life" from the kit papers and grunged them up and added it on with a Prima Office Metals Piece , set some eyelets and wrapped some more wire through them. 

I love getting inky and grundgy when I am in the mood for ink stained hands!! This is such a FABulous and Fun kit and I hope you get a chance to grab one and scrap along with us!!! Don't forget to come show off your work over on the Scraps Of Darknesss/ Scraps Of Elegance Facebook Community Page. Hugs to you and yours ~Renea

Items from the Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy Shop:







1 comment:

Scrappinkar said...

Hi Renea! I just happened to catch this page on scrapbooks.com! I haven't done a masculine page in a LONG TIME and you've inspired me to do one of MY son! I happen to have the brick wall stencil and I think that I might "borrow" that idea! I just love all of the work that you put into this one and it really shows!