Saturday, February 7, 2015

Shabby Romance Pocket Journal~

Over on our Scraps Of Darkness/Scraps Of Elegance Facebook Community Page we have lots of fun stuff going on!!! One of the things we do is a monthly mood board, and I was very excited to get to design the one for this month. I have such a romantic heart and it is the month of love, so this was reflected my love of the Shabby Romantic!!



I decided to create a pocket journal that was inspired by the February Mood Board using the Scraps Of Elegance Kit~Lisa's Love Letters



To capture the colors in some of the photos and the wood grain in the first photo, I created my pocket from the kit paper doing some texture work with a Tim Holtz Doily Stencil and the Deco Art Texture paste from the kit. I lined the top of the pocket with some Reneabouquets  Delicate Beauty Lace, and the bottom with some Reneabouquets Sheer Romance Lace to get the lacy, soft look of the Third Photo of the dress, and then layered on some more distressed paper. I added some cheesecloth, a resin heart from a past kit, some feathers and then topped it with a little Prima Robin's Nest  creating the look you see in the bird's nest photo. 
The foliage is some stash Scrapmatt's Chipboard that I hand painted and then tore apart and layered, topping it with a Prima Fifth Avenue Flower, and flowers from the kit and Floral Add On. I tucked in a little past kit "Love" Button and a set of 2 small Reneabouquets My Romantic Heart Butterflies in Pink.



The pocket features 5 Double Sided Tags of varying sizes for journaling and small cards and there is room in the pocket to tuck in some more small photos or journal cards. I topped 2 of the cards with hand dyed seam binding and little Reneabouquets Resin Roses from the Romance Trinket Pack and the smaller card features a Reneabouquets Princess Rhinestone Button.


And there you have it, a Shabby Romantic Journal Pocket so perfect for storing treasures!! I hope you get a chance to come play along with the Mood Board, and that your month is filled with lot's of love and sweet days!! Hugs ~Renea

Reneabouquets My Romantic Heart Butterflies in Pink
Romance Trinket Pack (resin roses)




1 comment:

Caty said...

It is really fantastic Renea !! I like it very much, you are a great artist!! big hug.