Monday, February 16, 2015

Catch Your Dreams With The Scraps Of Darkness January Kit~Karen's Valentine


When I got the January Scraps Of Darkness Kit~Karen's Valentine, I just loved the dream catcher print in the papers and the more Native American/Aztec themed elements, and I couldn't resist doing a Dream Catcher Themed Oversized Pocket Tag with them!!

The tag is 4 1/2 Inches Wide x 11 1/2 Inches tall and has a back pocket that houses some smaller tags.



Papers from the kit were cut, distressed, torn, inked and stipple painted, then the layering began!





The top has some woven trim and brown rustic trim from some past kit pieces topped with a Tim Holtz Button, and the metal feathers are from the kit and I just rubbed over them with some of the same paint that I used on the papers. 


I layered in some stash burlap and then fussy cut one of the larger dream catcher prints from the kit papers, and added a "Catch" sentiment piece with letters from a past kit. I then layered on some stash flowers and a feather, popped in a little TH pin with the sentiment "Your" tucked into it. 



I added more of the woven trim to the bottom and then layered on some Reneabouquets  Lace #003 and popped on a "Dreams" sentiment cut from paper from the kit,  to complete my "Catch Your Dreams" theme of the tag.
The Butterflies are my Reneabouquets Tiny Treasure Secret Garden Butterflies from my Reneabouquets.com Store and Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



On the back, I added a layer of matching kit paper, some Reneabouquets Trim and a fussy cut "You are the definition of Beauty" piece from the papers. I formed a burlap pocket and added more flowers and feathers on.


The tags are chipboard tags that I added distressed cut outs from the kit papers to, and then added more trim, one of those kit metal feathers, and a stash brad for 2 double sided tags that can house journaling or small photos and the pocket can house some more small treasures and photos for a unique/functional piece. 

I hope your week is off to a great start!! It is super cold and rainy here and it is only supposed to get colder, so I think I will grab another cup of tea and get to work up in my scrap room!! Hugs ~Renea


Items used on this project from the Reneabouquets.com Store and Reneabouquets Etsy Shop:
Tiny Treasure Secret Garden Butterflies
Reneabouquets  Lace #003 
Reneabouquets Trim from the Vintage Ephemera Set
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink


No comments: