Wednesday, October 29, 2014

All Hallow's Eve~Scraps Of Darkness October Kit~Bon Appetit!!


OK I have to admit, as the weather starts to get cooler and Fall starts to slide onto the scene, I begin to feel a little twitch of anticipation about what the Scraps Of Darkness Halloween Kit is going to be like!! Our kits are soooo gorgeous, but the Halloween Kit is always the one that I anticipate the most, knowing that Melinda's FAV time of the year is Halloween and that she always puts together something spectacular for us to work with!!


Well, the wait is over, and it was so worth it!! It is filled with lots of Spooktacular surprises and whether you love Halloween or not, this kit offers up items that will have everyone Salivating~so Bon Appetit!!

I created my first project with the kit, and decided on a layout that has a dark yet Vintage feel to it. I used a gorgeous photo of one of my German Artist aquantances, MADmoiselle Meli with her permission. Meli is a super talented Artist, Model, Costume Designer and Deviant Artist and you can find her work here:



To get the background, I layered in kit and paper add on sheets, distressing, tearing, punching and rolling the 2nd layer, and then splatter painting the edges with some Shimmerz paint that was in a past kit.



I then layered in some black lace, a large Doily from the kit, and then fussy cut out the Haunted House from the papers. 


I then layered in more layers of distressed papers, topped them with my photo, and then fussy cut out some of the Zombie hands from the sticker sheet in the kit and tucked them into the layers behind the photo. 


At the bottom corner where the house is, I layered in orange and white glitter tulle, flowers from this month's floral add on, and a small Prima Clock Face


I fussy cut out the "All Hallows' Eve" sign from some of the papers and bent it over the lace and fussy cut lace pieces. I then added another Prima Clock Face, some distress painted chipboard clock hands, and one of the skull buttons from the kit. 


On the top right hand corner I layered in a piece of the lace, some more tulle, more flowers and another clock face. I topped the layout off with a set of 2 of my hand crafted Witch's Brew Butterflies from my Reneabouquets Etsy And Reneabouquets.com Store.

Thank you so much for joining me for this anticipated Scraps Of Darkness Halloween Kit!! I hope you have a Spooktacular Halloween and that it is full of lots of Treats and No Tricks!! Hugs ~Renea

Items from the Reneabouquets Etsy and .com Store:



No comments: