Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Today Was Perfect With The Scraps Of Darkness June Kit~Perfectly Stunning

Our June kit is here! We've taken the beautiful Marion Smith Designs "Nirvana" Collection, added some gorgeous papers from BoBunny's "Somewhere In Time" and Kaisercraft's "Heirloom" collections, and then added coordinating embellishments to help you create "Perfectly Stunning" layouts and projects! Don't forget to check out our June kit add ons - they all coordinate beautifully with our Main Kit, and we have the new Steampunk Gelatos in the Creativity add on kit!


The following is the super gorgeous sketch created just for the kit by our very own Charlotte Jenkins (Suepup): 


And the following layout is my take on this month's sketch and it features an old family photo of my Granny & Pawpaw with my Dad, on my Granny's lap and their other two oldest sons mingled in. 


With those blues, browns, and rusts in the papers, I was in heaven!! I took a layer of  kit paper and did some tearing to expose the background paper, 


which I stenciled with a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil-Splatters that I now carry in both my Reneabouquets.com Store and in my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop



I used a Chipboard Bracket Frame that I double layer misted and then two tone inked to get a really yummy faux rust look.  All the flowers were from the kit and this month's floral add on.


I misted some burlap and used it behind my photo and then ran the trim from the kit across the bottom.


I created a hot air balloon embellishment by fussy cutting the balloon parts from some of the papers, then drawing out the shapes onto some corrugated board and cutting those out. I then two tone inked the corrugated board, added ball chain to join the two pieces together, distressed and inked the balloon pieces and added them to the corrugated board pieces. I then fussy cut out the "Today" sign from some of the papers and added a Secret Garden Glitter Glass Butterfly that can be found in either of my Reneabouquets Shops, and added another flower from the add on.


The clock was fussy cut from some of the papers, and I then die cut some Tim Holtz clock hands and two tone inked them and added a pearl center. 


The "Perfect" Kaisercraft Chipboard piece can be found in the kit and I misted it, then distress embossed it, and then inked randomly with the ink in the kit and then added some shading with black ink. 


Here you can see all the dimension, texture and layering in my layout.

Perfectly Stunning is the perfect name for this kit!! Whether you like masculine, heritage, girlie grunge, or Steampunk you can take it in any direction you want so stunningly!! Thank you for dropping by!! Hugs ~Renea




1 comment:

Lauren T said...

Fantastic LO, really great way to show off the kit.