Thursday, May 1, 2014

Scraps Of Elegance Reveals The May Kit~Cape May Holiday


Our Cape May Holiday kit features the gorgeous, brand new Seashore collection from Prima! Whether you are looking for the perfect papers and embellishments to preserve your treasured tropical vacation memories, or are just dreaming of the lovely beach days that will soon be here, our May kit is the perfect find!


Don't you just love the beautiful sketch by Charlotte (Suepup) created just for the May Kit?



Here is my take on the sketch and it features a photo of my son, Draven when he was around 6 on the Beach in West Palm Beach Florida showing off a seashell that he had found. This kit was just perfect for capturing the beach feel and for perserving one of those sweet memories.



I did lots of layering, and distressing, and then added in textures like the cheesecloth from the kit, edge painting with texture sand , stenciling with the checker plate stencil in the Embellishment add on,  burlap, hemp rope and seashells. I cut the diamonds from some of the paper in the Paper Add On, and added some of the Prima Crystals from the EAO for accents. The Seahorse was fussy cut from one of the papers as well.


I tucked in some of the tickets behind the photo layers, and a tag from the Kit behind a peek a boo, cut out a small sea horse, and added flowrs from the kit and Floral Add On.
The Secret Garden Butterflies  are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


Here you can see some of the textures and and dimension.


I just love the colors and pieces for layering in this kit~so delicious!!


Oh the sound of the ocean is calling me, and this kit will have your imagination walking through the sand, collecting treasures, and dreaming of moments past! I hope you have enjoyed a look at one of my sweet memories! Hugs ~Renea


2 comments:

Papercrafting Princess said...

Gorgeous...I can see it in a frame!

Unknown said...

Renea this is gorgeous!