Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sketch Layout~Color Of Love Featuring The Scraps Of Darkness November Kit~Water Lilies

The Scraps Of Darkness November Kit~Water Lilies has revealed!! I couldn't wait for this one to arrive at my door, and I was not disappointed! With all those 7 Dots 9th Wave papers and all the other yumminess that came with it, I just had to get my hands extra dirty-lol!


Along with the kit you get this gorgeous sketch by Sue Pup:


And this is my take on this month's sketch:


This layout features a photo of a watercolor painting "Love Story 2" that was done by Anna Razumouskaya that I have secretly been dying to purchase. I collect art and I would love to have the set of two for my stairway, but I have a son about to go off to college, so it will have to wait. 
I did some extreme edge tearing and grunge punching,  then some heavy inking to get the really edgy look for the border. I then tucked stash lace and some of the kit flowers that I misted underneath. I then added puddles of glue, glitter and those FAB sequins from the kit to bling up the edges.


Under the photo, I added some gorgeous lace that my scrappy friend Christine (aka Moonmist) sent me. Thank you Christine, it was perfect for this layout! I took one of the Prima Paintable pieces from the Embellishment Add On and inked it up, used the Heidi Swapp Doily frame from the kit, and misted then sponge painted it, took a corrugated piece misted it than grunged it up with some Jacquard Dimensional paint and layered it behind the Doily, misted a paper Doily with 3 different colors of mist, added my photo, and then got to work on the flowers.




I layered misted cheesecloth that I accented with seed beeds behind the flowers. All the flowers were from the Floral Add On except the light teal one, and the leaves were hand stamped and fussy cut out.


I repeated another flower layer at the top corner of the photo.


I distress crackle painted, then inked, and dry brush painted areas at the bottom and top corners to get a yummy texture and dimension.


And here is all the dimension that the layering and techniques can give you.

I just love all the artistic and wonderful elements to this kit!! Melinda gives us such unique and wonderful combinations of material that can help us all to scrap with an artistic flare.  I encourage you to come hang out in our forums where all of our talented ladies talk, share and teach how to create some of the latest and greatest looks. It is so much fun and everyone is just so sweet and encouraging. I have been designing for the kit clubs for over 2 years now and I just love the tight knit community that we have over there. 

I hope you have a FABulous finish to your week!! Hugs~Renea





No comments: