Thursday, November 14, 2013

Frosty Vintage Elegance With Tresors De Luxe~

Welcome to my Tresors De Luxe Reveal!! Today, I actually have two separate projects. The first one is an altered Book Box, and the second is an over sized tag that shows how you can take the same theme, and using your leftover pieces, create another project with no waste!


I wanted a yummy, Frosty, Winter look for this off the page project, to match the beautiful Vintage image that I had pinned on Pinterest, so I started with 2 different layers of Tim Holtz papers that I heavily distressed and inked. I then "frosted" the second layer with Snow Tex. I layered on a Tresors 

White Unique Vintage Handmade Cotton Crochet Doily DL-006 

that I lightly inked. I then took a corrugated board piece and frosted it up with gesso, Snow Tex, glitter glass and silver glitter, and then layered on an inked and texture painted Scrapmatts Chipboard Frame and put my image in it, and got to work on the details.



I ran some Tresors

White Venice Applique Lace LA-133
across the bottom, added a seam binding bow, and then added on some Tresors

Dusty Pink Fabric Roses PF-018

I created a corrugated die butterfly piece then added on one of my Oh So Pinkalicious Butterflies from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



 I inked and crystal accented some Scrapmatts Snowflakes, added a ZVA flourish piece, and popped on a Tresors

Pearl Centered Ivory Lace Flowers FL-069



For the "binding" side of the book, I added on Tresors

White Venice Applique Lace LA-133

and accented it with crystals.

I created the "pages" with a modeling paste technique I use to simulate the look of pages.


The back is covered with more distressed and inked layers of paper.


And the inside is finished out as well.

And now here is an over sized tag that I created using the left over paper, and Tresors pieces.




The papers layers were the leftovers from the box layers, and the corrugated board, and flourish were leftovers that were cut off the box pieces.


I layered on the leftover Tresors

White Venice Applique Lace LA-133

And what was left of the Tresors fabric flowers


The same seam binding, image and snowflakes were used.

I added a Tresors

Rhinestone Button RH-004

to the seam binding.



And here is the finished back side.

And there you have it two FABulous projects!

I hope you have a wonderful finish to the week! Hugs, ~Renea







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renea, most of the time, when I see your projects,
I want to shout out loud "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!!!" :)
because I'm so amazed and taken back by your work~
In my humble little opinion, these 2 projects are the definition
of perfect shabby-chic vintage!! : )
and I'm so glad I stopped in today!! Magnifique!!

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

Renea - Wow, This project is so amazing! I love the shabby chic to all of this and your layering is wonderful. I really love how you used the lace on the binding! Perfect!! Ginger