Sunday, September 1, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance Reveals It's September Kit!!



When I got my Scraps Of Elegance Design Team package and add ons, I think you could hear me squeel a mile away!! It was so full of Shabby Chic deliciousness that I just couldn't contain myself-lol! My neighbors already think I'm crazy and I think that squeel confirmed it for them. The kit is appropriately named Simply Shabby Chic, and if you are a lover of all things Chic & Shabby then this kit is for you!!


As usual Charlotte (Suepup) has provided us with an uber beautiful sketch:


And here is my take on the sketch: 




I started with a layer of paper then overlayed it with another layer, that I then exacto knife cut out the pattern in a way that I could then pleat the paper and have the section with the roses stand out.  In the background I did some modeling paste and stencil work, and then I accented some of the roses with glitter paints. 


There is a Doilie layer, and then a painted and inked corrugated board piece that I added some of the ZVA pearls from the kit to, and then set my photo on top at an off angle.  There is a little chipboard chair from the E.A.O. that I glitter paint, and pearl accented , tucked in to the flowers. 


On the side where I did the pleating, I tucked one of the Prima tags from the kit for journaling. I gesso'ed and glittered up some Tim Holtz Weathered clock hands and accented them with one of the little yellow roses from the kit. I then took layers of hand dyed seam binding and old curtain panel , cut into strips and made ribbon layers, that I topped with one of the Prima Buttons from the kit, a little glittered up fussy cut bird from some of the papers and one of my upcycled tea bags that I stamped, added one of the kit pearls to, as well as some stash Prima trim and another one of the little kit roses. I tucked in one of my Breathless Glitter Glass Butterflies from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop to finish that side out. 


Here is a close up of the pleating and dimensional stenciling.


Here you can see were I fussy cut out pieces from the kit papers and glitter paint accented them, then layered in flowers from the kit, my stash, and the Flora & Fauna Add On, along with some die cut foliage, and another Breathless Butterfly. 

This month we had a Mini Album Add On for the kit that I just could not resist, and I am glad that I didn't because I think it is my FAV mini album that I have done so far. I was telling the SOE girls that I got a little carried away!! I just got to piling, and stacking and didn't know when to stop!! I then had to remove some things, because my album was so fat it wouldn't close-lol!! 


The cover is this gorgeous gate design, and I did tons of technique work on it, I first painted it, then I added a pink crackle finish to it, then I did some script stamping, some puffy paint texturing, and some seed beed puddling. 



The closure is this jewelry piece I found on sale that I inked, pantina alcohol inked, gesso'ed and heat up to set the mediums to the metal. It is adhered to one side of the gate, and then on the other side I used velcro for the closure.


The pink seam binding on the D-rings and throughout the album was from the Album Add On, I also added some Tulle scraps and ribbon scraps from my stash. The vine you see was hand crafted by me using some hand tinted mulberry roses and leaves, and then the other flowers were from past SOE kits.


The butterflies are my Oh So Pinkalicious Glitter Glass Butterflies that were created just for this kit and will be available soon in my Etsy.


I had this little broken wooden bicycle that was in my stash, so I glued it back together, then painted it in layers of color, then embossed it with some metal powder and added lots of mini roses from my stash. 


The little girls that I tucked in to the flowes on this side were fussy cut from some of the Paper Add On papers, then I coated them in Diamond Glaze that came with a past kit, to make them more durable. 


Here you can see all the painting, stamping, and seed bead layers.


Even after a shake down, my mini is still quite non-mini!!



This album opens up so gorgeously, swinging out to reveal each layer. 
I made little pockets from some of the Embellishment Add On pieces, and tucked in tags from the kit, and a stamped dress form I added little flowers from the Mini Album Add On, and created spaces for photos.


The "windows" throughout the album actually allow you to slide the paper pieces out, and attatch small photos, slide them back in, for a beautiful photo display.


I turned all the front sides of the panels into pockets and then created tags from the Prima cards in the E.A.O., and the silk bias from the Mini A.O. for double sided pull outs that you can journal or add photos to.


This is the next set of pages. The small white trim was included in the Mini Add On.


You can unclip the note cards from the alligator clip for journaling and photos, and I have some more pockets with tuck ins, and a little piece on a close hanger clip that can be removed for double sides journaling or photos. 


There is a little notebook that I created by rounding the corneres of some left over paper and stitching them together. The cover has one of the little frames from the mini add on, a Vintage photo and little M.A.O. flower.

Here you can see where I stitched it together.


This is the 3rd set of pages, that have lots of spaces  for jounaling photos, and little toggle close envelopes for storing treasures.


And this is the last set of pages with little pockets, ticket and tag tuck ins, and little window photo frames.



And finally, the backside. 

If you made it all the way through that thread, then you are a true scrappy friend, and I am so very grateful that you took the time to check out my reveal day work! I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend, here are some sunny Southern hugs for you~Renea



3 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

once again you have SERIOUSLY rocked this GORGEOUS kit... ♥

Bellaidea said...

You make magic!!!!

Patricia said...

This album of yours is jammed packed with goodness...one of the best I've seen!