Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Good Life~Scraps Of Darkness Design Team Reveal~




Today is our official Design Team Reveal For Scraps Of Darkness June Kit-Firecracker!! If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to head over the website and check it out! 
 I have a layout to share with you that shows the girly grunge side to the kit. I used a photo that I digitally color altered of one of our friend's daughter Madeline. Madeline is just such a cutie and with her tomboy look she has going on in the photo, it was just perfect for the look of the layout.



I double layered the paper from the kit, then I cut into the "boards" on the paper, and did some paper rolling, and some punching. I then took the stencil and mist from this month's Color Add On and lightly created a pattern on the background. I layered and distressed more layers of paper and matted the photo onto it. 



Here you can see all the cheeseclothand floral layers I created.


 The Ice Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy shop.
I distress painted the Kaisercraft wooden pieces from the kit and added them to the top and bottom of all the layering I did around the photo. The resin corners are from this month's embellishment add on. The vine sprays are from the kit, and all the lfowers are from past kits, and my stash.

Here you can see a close up of the drips, and the dimension that the paper rolling adds.


I took some of the BoBunny Stars from the Noteworthy from the kit, and puff painted them and then added seed beads for lots of texture.


Here you can see all the dimension that all that layering and technique created.

This next layout shows the more artisitic, mixed media side to the kit. It was completely inspired by the photo that I found from the Russian Ballet Company. I just love the lines of the Ballerina, and the striking colors of her tutu.


I used so many different techniques to create this layout. I did lots of random punching, paper tearing and rolling back, layer misting,  lots of texture painting, seed beads, Masking, snd cheesecloth work.


The background stenciling was done with that yummy Shimmerz that was in the Color Add On, and I also layer misted the flowers in the kit to bring out the wonderful colors in the photo.


The cheesecloth was indcluded in the kit, as well as those wonderful metal frames that I used to house the sentiment "Life ~ Beauty" that I created from one of the stickers in the Embellishment add on. The large flower, and smaller flower at the top corner were from the Flora & Fauna Add On, and the feathers are all from my stash. I used another stash flower that I cut apart for the rest of the petal work.



Here is a close up of all the texture and color.


If you love texture, and color as much as I do then that is one of the FABulous things about the Scraps Of Darkness kit, they cater to those of us who like to get inky and painty. Add On the Color Add On or the Creativity kit, and your imagination is the limit!!

Thank you for taking the time out of your weekend to check out my reveal pieces. I hope you have a great July 4th Holiday!!  Hugs ~ Renea

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning little works of art. Loving the unusual colour combo on the first and vibrant colours on the second.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Beth said...

I saw these two layouts on Pininterest and followed them to you. As always, just perfection!