Saturday, September 22, 2012

You Only Live Once Scraps Of Darkness September Kit-My Guy

Today, I would like to share with you a Steam Punk layout that I created with the oh so FABulous  Scraps Of Darkness September Kit-My Guy. I love all the grungy, industrial print papers in this kit. So perfect for masculine and Steam Punk layouts!!

I have some very exciting news to announce with this layout, and it is that I have been given permission to use German artist MADmoiselle Méli aka FroweMinahild's gorgeous photos in some of my more Darker work. Méli is a multi talented artist, whose biography includes; traditional painter, digital artist, clothing/jewellery designer and model for alternative scene, steampunk , gothic and fantasy since 2002. I am just in awe of her talent, and I am completely delighted that she has graced me with the permision to scrap around her amazing art!!! Thank you so much Méli!! If you would like to check out some of her work, click this link to her Deviant Art Site, Facebook Page, & DaWanda Shop.

I started with the Dusty Attic September Challenge Sketch, and then got to work using my Scraps of Darkness Kit. I layered in lots of different sizes of distressed, inked and punched papers from the kit and the Paper Add On. I then took a Dusty Attic Fleur De Lis Frame and painted it black, and attached it to the layout.



I added on the image, and then took the black chain and photo turns and added them beside the photo, and then attached an old broken clock face from a watch I found in my dresser, as well as some little red gems from my stash.


I created the bottom flower layer using a Tim Holtz Gear that I grunged up, some black panels I cut from some plastic hangers and the gorgeous Petaloo Red/Burg flowers from the Floral Add On, as well as some past kit Prima flowers. I then tucked in some inked up Dusty Attic Foliage Pieces and one of the handcrafted wood tiles from the kit.

 
 The two metal pieces at the top are pieces from that broken watch that I found lying around.



The top flower layer was created using the same grunged up gears, plastic pieces, flowers, and tile pieces as the bottom one.

I finished out the layout with the FABulous May West saying "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough".  Thanks so much for dropping by, and remember to "do it right"!! Hugs ~Renea

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Renea I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! This is INCREDIBLE... Love the color combo!!

Carol W. said...

So beautiful - love the color combos and the photo is perfect.

Unknown said...

Oh my wow...this is so amazing..every inch of bold delicious color just really really made me smile!!! Super fabulous!!!!!