Monday, September 17, 2012

Scraps Of Darkness Unveils It's September Kit-My Guy



Scraps of Darkness unveiled it's September Kit-My Guy on the 15th, and I was so excited to get mine and get to work with it!! The papers were perfect to create the following layout of "My Guy" Draven , when he was about 6 years old. He was playing in his Dad's car and pretending he was driving, and my husband snapped this cute photo of him smiling like he had just been told he could start driving-lol! I couldn't resist adding the fun little mustache to his photo, and showing the fun side of scrapping.

I used the all inspiring sketch by Sue Pup to create this layout. It was masculine perfection!


And here is my take on it:



And here are some close ups of the details;


I used a Crafter's Template Stencil and modeling past to create the background texture, then with the stencil still on, I misted it with the Lindy's Mist from the Color Add On to give me lots of texture. The banner was created by layering on some of the Kaisercraft Die Cuts from the kit onto corrugated board, and then adding twine and tying it around some of the screw brads that were also included in the kit.


I did a fold down at the top, by pleating the paper and then putting a Tim Holtz Metal Hing Clip on to hold it in place. I added in another die cut, and some metal gears from mys stash.  I created a zig zag pattern with the screw brads from the kit and then laced twine around them for visual interest.

 Here you can see that sweet face, and the fun little mustache that I added on from the die cuts in the kit. I also layered some of the die cuts to complete my title work.



The Wooden Compass was part of the kit and I embossed it with distress powder and then UTEE'ed it for added gloss. The fun, gear pin was created by Mandy (Craftysprinkles), especially for this kit. I repeated the pleating with the hing clip around the photo and tucked in some more of those stash metal gears. I hope you enjoyed my playful take on the kit!

Thanks for stopping in for a bit, and I will be working on and posting more layouts with this amazing kit as the week progresses. Hugs to you~ Renea

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Renea I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}