Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dreams ATCs

Hello everyone, and thanks for stopping by. Today I have 2 ATCs that I would love to share with you. When I first got my Color Add On for my Scraps Of Darkness Kit-True Romance this month, I was so excited to see some Prima Canvas ATCs in it! I had wanted to try my hand at them and this was the perfect opportunity. Also, scrappy time has been limited this summer, so I thought, "Oh I can put together a couple of these, super fast!" Boy, was I wrong!!! With my over embellished, and technique addict style, I did not realize how hard it would be to create on a space that was 2 1/2  x 3 1/2  for me. I don't know what the rules of ATCs are, but I am sure I probably broke all of them-lol! I have stuff spilling over the edges and piled high-oh my!!! I must say, I have nothing but respect for those who make this their trade. I teamed this month's True Romance Kit with some Rubber Cafe stamps and products to create these, and hope you can at least applaud my effort??!


I wanted them to be kind of dreamy and have a multi-media look to them, so I started with the Prima Canvas ATCs from the color add on and got to work.

I misted the 1st canvas with some of the South Shore Sand Lindy's Mist from the Color Add On. Next, I used a stencil and modeling paste to create the stars background, and while the stencil was still in place, I misted it with some of the Pink Ladies Pink Lindy's Mist from the CAO.


I then stamped onto some white card stock using  The Rubber Cafe's Large Moon Stamp, and adhered it to the top left corner.


I then put down a layer of cheesecloth for texture and softness, then fussy cut out a Vintage ballerina photo and added some Rubber Cafe Cotton Candy Jellie Dots to her tutu. I then took some cream card stock and using The Rubber Cafe's Large Left and Right Butterfly Stamps and some Rubber Cafe White Puffies stamped the image, then covered it with The Rubber Cafe's You're So Fine Glitter in Princess Pink, I then heated it up with my heat gun to let it all puff up for some yummy texture. I attached the wings to my image and attached the image to the ATC with some foam tape that I created using craft foam and The Rubber Cafe's One And Only Tape for lots of dimension.


I then added my "keep dreaming sentiment that I made from the Carta Bella Element Stickers from the SOD kit, a inked mini rose, and then took The Rubber Cafe's Scrap Happy Glue, made some puddles, coated them in You're So Fine Glitter in Princess Pink, and added on some Crystal Clear Jellie Dots to finish out my mixed media look.


For the second ATC I misted the Prima Canvas Piece with the Lindy's Pink Ladies Pink Mist, both from the CAO, and then tore out a piece of Prima Almanac paper from the kit, and edged it out in Scrap Happy Glue and then added You're So Fine Glitter in Princess Pink to the edges.

 
I then stamped onto some white card stock using The Rubber Cafe's clock stamp from The Vintage Treasures Set, fussy cut out the clock face and added it to the top right hand corner.


I layered in some cheesecloth for softness and texture, and  then took another Vintage Ballerina Image, and fussy cut it out. I then stamped onto some cream card stock with The Rubber Cafe's Flat Wing Butterfly Stamp and then used some of the Lindy's Embossing Powder from the Scraps Of Darkness Kit to Emboss the wings. I then added on some Rubber Cafe Cotton Candy Jellie Dots to the wings and tutu, adhered the wings to my image and then
attached the image to the ATC with some foam tape that I created using craft foam and The Rubber Cafe's One And Only Tape for lots of dimension



I attached my "Time To Dream" Sentiment tag that I made from the Carta Bella Element Stickers from the SOD kit,  to the bottom corner, popped on an inked mini rose, and then took The Rubber Cafe's Scrap Happy Glue, made a puddle, coated it in You're So Fine Glitter in Princess Pink, and added on some Crystal Clear Jellie Dots to finish out my mixed media look.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and checking out my first attempt at ATCs. I hope you learned something new, I know I did-just how hard this tiny art is!!  Until next time, happy scrapping! ~Renea


The Rubber Cafe Products Used:

Large Moon Stamps
Large Left and Right Butterfly Stamps
The Vintage Treasures Set
Flat Wing Butterfly Stamp
White Puffies
Cotton Candy Jellie Dots
Crystal Clear Jellie Dots
You're So Fine Glitter in Princess Pink
Scrap Happy Glue
One And Only Tape

1 comment:

Mitralee said...

Delicious!!! Love them so! Great ATCS!