Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cherished Created With The Scraps Of Darkness July Kit-True Romance

TGIF! Wow, this week has flown by for me! I can't believe my son, Draven, only has about 2 1/2 weeks left before school starts back. Where has the time gone? Today, I would like to share a layout that I created with my beautiful Scraps Of Darkness July Kit-True Romance. It features a photo of my cousin Becky's little girl Emmie playing with her baby chicks. Emmie is a true country girl and I thought some of the kit elements went so well with her sweet photo, and paired with some technique, Dusty Attic Chicken Wire and Bricks from the Scraps of Darkness Store, it turned out perfect for her down home lifestyle!

 I started with layers of the Carta Bella and Prima Almanac papers from both the kit and the Coordinating Paper Add On, doing some distressing, inking, punching and layering.



I used some of the Carta Bella Element Stickers from the Romance Add On, that I Stickled up and applied with foam tape to make the little banner and bird on the paper dimensional.


Here I inked Dusty Attic Chicken Wire with Donna Salazar Pewter Ink and then accented it with Stickles, and added on some flowers from the Flora & Fauna Add On, as well as some foliage.


Here is a close up of some of the Dusty Attic Bricks that I took loose from a panel, inked added Snow Tex to then sprayed with the Pink Ladies Pink Mist from this month's color add on. I then added the little word stickers from the 7 Gypsies Stickers that came with the kit. You can also see all the stamp work I did in the background to add dimension to my layout. Stamping is a great way to add visual texture and dimension to any project!


I took the Carta Bella Ticket Stickers from the Romance Add On, added pieces of burlap, Stickled them up and created the layers underneath the photo.

The flower layer along the side was created using some stash crochet lace,  the Carta Bella stickers from the Romance Add on that I layered and Stickled, lots of flowers from the Flora & Fauna Add On, a cute Prima Rooster chipboard piece from the Romance Add On and some die cut foliage pieces. I then tucked some of the Prima Butterflies from the Flora & Fauna Add On into the flowers, and under the photo corner to add visual interest and texture.

Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs, ~Renea

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

I bet your cousin loves the layout! Happy Friday!

Bellaidea said...

Great design, so sweet page!