Sunday, April 15, 2012

SCRAPS OF DARKNESS REVEALS IT'S APRIL KIT-SAKURABANA!!

 It is April 15th and time for another Scraps Of Darkness Reveal, and do we have a treat in store for you! April's Kit-Sakurabana, is loaded with Bo Bunny, Glitz and FabScraps deliciousness!!  The main includes:
Pattern Paper-
Glitz- Happy Travels- Bicycle, Stripe, Floral
Fabscraps-Classic flower, Red Stripe, Classic Black Lace
Bo Bunny- Serenity- Damask, Tomoko, Stripe, Serenity

Along with the following:
 Prima- Clear Stamps, Flowers- Hermosa Carmine, Zva Flourish, Glitz Happy Travels, Rhinestones, Yellow Ribbon, Melissa Frances Frame, Bo Bunny Noteworthy Die Cut Journal Pages, Kaisercraft Cherry Red Alpha Stickers, Bloack Feathers

Plus the beautiful sketch created by SuePup just for the kit every month.

This month's sketch:


 And this is my take on the sketch:

 This kit inspired me to create some layouts that tell you things about me. This one features a photo of me that my son, Draven took last fall.  I loved the journaling that was in the rub ons that were in the Romance Add On. It reads " I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I  intended to be." That saying is so true for me, I think we all had plans of where we would be when we grew up, but somehow life carries out it's own plans-lol! But, despite of it all I believe I am were I am supposed to be.  I layered, punched, and distressed 4 different pieces of the paper then attached my photo.


 I loved the bicycle on the paper, because I love to bike. Of course my bike is very practical not all gussied up with the basket and beautiful flowers from the Flora & Fauna add on.


 Here is the close up of the basket full of flowers. I did add in some stash daisies and leaves.


 I used some crochet lace from a past kit, stamped a little bird with the Prima stamps from the kit, and tucked him into some of the flowers from the Flora and Fauna Add On at the photo corner and popped in one of the Glitz Rhinestones from the main kit.


 I did lots of stamping and then painted a crackle finish over the top and did some inking, then colored up some Dusty Attic Bricks from the SOD store and randomly arranged them onto my layout. The little bird was from the Flora & Fauna add on and I stained and embossed him with some of the Lindy's embossing power from the Color Add On. I then stamped some flowers from the Prima stamp that was included in the kit, fussy cut them out and then added little ZVA bling centers that were also in the kit.



 Here you can see the bottom flower layers. The Prima florish was from my stash, as well as the green flowers that I added color to by using the Lindy's Starburst from the color add on, so that they matched my layout colors. I can't live without the color add on each month. I love to color everything, including my hands and clothes-lol! Mel, puts so many amazing technique products into that add on each month, that I reach for time and time again, so it is a must have for me!

I love a good fairytale, and no I am not talking about the candy coated one's. I am talking about the Grimm's  versions. One of my fav new shows to watch is "Once Upon A Time", and I loved their version of the Little Red Riding Hood story. The following layout features a photo, I found on Google Images, and just loved. It combines Little Red Riding Hood with a bit of goth, and I just had to scrap it. The title is "Red Hot" and you can see for yourself why. Those Reds just pop!!

 I used lots of layers of those dramatic black lace, and red damask papers. All the layers set the stage for all the dramatic embellishments.

 I punched the edge of the top layer paper, and then tore into the corners. I then inked the edges and set some eyelets. I died some white sheer ribbon with the Lindy's Starburst from the color add on and laced up the corners and tied bows at the top. I then took some black lace from a previous kit, pleated it and tucked it in the corners and then popped in some of the black roses from the Flora & Fauna and some red roses from my stash.

 For the bottom flower layer. I took a stash piece of Dusty Attic and colored it with the Lindy's Starburst from the color add on, and then added some ZVA rhinestones from the kit.  I then added on one of the Prima poppies from the Flora & Fauna AO right in the center and added some Prima black flowers with sparkly centers also in the F & F add on, pleated some more of the lace adding it to the corners, then added 2 more stash roses and 2 little metal flowers from the Bo Bunny Trinkets included in the Romance add on.



 I went up both sides of the photo with ZVA florishes from last month's kit.


I took one of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy Die Cuts from the kit and layered it behind the photo, added a  metal Bo Bunny trinket that I colored the rhinestone on, then popped on one of the Glitz Rhinestones and finished off the header with some of the ZVA rhinestones from the kit. For the finishing touch I popped on a set of my Cherry Coke Glitter Glass Butterflies from my Etsy Shop.

I just love how dramatic this layout turned out!!

Over at Scrap Book News and Reviews they are having a call for layouts that are all about you. They want submissions for layouts about things you wear or use. I loved this call and created this layout to submit. It features, one of my favorite things to wear "Boots". The journaling reads " I just love a good pair of boots." I started wearing boots as a little girl and still feel so much more happy in them, than I ever will in a pair of high heels!


 I did lots of punching and distressing of all the Bo Bunny and FabScraps papers. The papers behind the photo I took of my boots are the Glitz Happy Travel Paper Layers from the Romance add on.


 The little bird is one of the Kaisercraft wood birds from the Flora & Fauna Add On that I embossed with Perfect Pearls and added a ZVA rhinestone from the kit to. I died some seam binding and put it in his beak and then attached one of the Prima Trinkets from the Romance Add On.

I let the seam binding drift down and around the sweet Melissa Francis Resin Frame from the kit that I blinged up with some of the ZVA rhinestones and another Prima Trinket. I used one of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy pieces to journal on and placed the frame over it.




The flower layer beside the photo is a Prima Alyssa Vine from the Scraps of Darkness store that I layered Prima flowers from the kit into. The Doilie piece is one I cut from some of the patterned paper with a Spellbinders die and then popped on one of the little Glitz Rhinestones

My boots never looked so good!

This last reveal layout showcases another love of mine, Opera. I love the Opera and the music that comes from so many of them. The Opera I chose to depict in this layout is Madama Butterfly (or Madame Butterfly as some call it). Madama Butterfly is a Tragedy, and therefore my title. So heart wrenching and beautiful, I just hope I have captured some of the essence of this masterpiece here in my layout.

 The photo is actually from the Opera poster and is compliments of Google Images. I love the moment the photo captured in the Opera. I used a piece of the Bo Bunny Paper for the background and the other layers are the Bo Bunny Noteworthy dies used for background layers.

 Here you can see all the dimension and texture I created on my letters using dark ink and then grunge embossing them with the Lindy's Embossing Powder from this month's color add on.


 I loved the Ostrich feathers included in the kit, added with one of the Prima Poppes, black rose,black Prima flower, and Mandy Harrell's gorgeous pin, it was instant drama.




 The black lace, black ZVA florish and Bo Bunny trinket were all included in the kit.

I stickled all the tree branches and flowers for extra glitz, then fussy cut some lanterns from the papers and foam taped them on for dimension. I added on a set of my Madama Butterflies from my Etsy Shop for lots more drama and dimension.

I just love the versatility of the Scraps of Darkness Kits, and I really enjoyed creating some layouts that tell a little bit of my story. I hope you have enjoyed this up close and personal look at me. I know I have enjoyed your visit!! Hugs, ~Renea

3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Your picture is great!

Unknown said...

I love this kit from SOD. I think you did a pretty good job on all your projects.

Love all the LO..and those boots? They're fabulous!! The taller, the better.

I hope you're doing well..

Hugs,
Marivic

Carol W. said...

WOW gorgeous layouts, you totally rocked this kit!