Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beautiful Smile Scraps Of Elegance Butterflies and Bling Challenge

Over at Scraps of Elegance there is a challenge called Butterflies and Bling, and you know how much I love butterflies, and well bling? Just the perfect icing on top, so I created the following layout for a "just for fun" layout for that challenge.
The guidelines for this month's Butterflies and Bling Challenge:
The challenge starts today and ends April 30th.
Your layout or altered item must have butterflies and bling.
Must be done with at least 50% Scraps of Elegance goodies.
Winner will be chosen randomly.

This month variable:  Use at least one punch!!  It can be a border or shape punch.

So here is my take featuring a sweet Easter photo of my husband's little sister, Karen from when she was a little girl. I created the layout using this month's Scraps of Elegance Kit- Awakening. It features lots of punching, some Sweetest of Days Butterflies from my Etsy Shop , and Prima bling from the kit.

 As you can see, I punched the edges of the background paper and used the same punch to punch the circle.
 I fussy cut the bird with nest piece from some of the Moxie paper in the kit. I then fussy cut out some individual flowers and and added bling to them, fussy cut a second layer of the bird image, and added stickles and popped them on for dimension. I also did some machine sewing on the darker page just to add some extra color on the dark background.

 I added a sweet bow from the Prima flowers that were in the kit and then added one of the Prima Trinkets from this month's Add On, and then used the Pink Paislee Rub Ons for the AO to add "smile" to the trinket.

 For the bottom border I fussy cut the design out of some of the kit paper and then layered on the Prima Bling from the kit.

At the bottom corner of the photo, I added on some of the Prima Flowers from the kit and tucked in one of the precious little tags from the kit and added a piece of stash Prima blind to the hole.

This kit is just loaded with Spring elements, and offers up the perfect opportunity to scrap some of those sweet memories of Easter! Thanks for letting me share my work with you! ~Renea

2 comments:

Bellaidea said...

wow, Lovely page my friend, I like color combo and your design looks so beautiful, nice job with punching!

Lisa aka Raining said...

What a beautiful photo! Love the gorgeous fussy cutting. A girl after my own heart!
Also see we have the same taste in music. I love Pink!