Thursday, December 15, 2011

Always-Scraps Of Darkness

The following layout was created for reveal day with the super gorgeous, Scraps of Darkness December Kit-Winter's Eve. It features a very touching photo of my husband's, like a brother, cousin Johnny and his daughter Ashley on her wedding day. I loved this photo as soon as I saw it. Something about it just tugs at my heartstrings. I think it is because it captures that special bond between a parent and child. When I received this kit, I knew that it would be perfect for this photo, and I actually did it on canvas, so that I can give it to him for Christmas. The journaling on the Bo Bunny Chippie was perfect, it reads, "I loved you yesterday, I love you still, I always have, and I always will."  I thought those were perfect words for how we as parents feel about our children, and I know that Johnny can definitely relate.


I chose this color scheme because I thought the black captured the elegance of a wedding day, and the pink captures the sweetness of the moment in the photo. I started with a piece of canvas that I gesso'ed. I then took a Prima stencil, and gel medium and did some of that girlie grunge stenciling that I love. I then misted it with the stencil still on with some of the Lindy's mist from this month's color add on that matched the punched pp perfectly (Melinda is so amazing at putting things that coordinate beautifully together into our kits).  Next I took a piece of kit pp and distressed it very heavily with my Zutter, actually gouging the paper in places so that it would peek a boo reveal the stenciling. I then punched a piece of the kit pp, placed the black doily from the Romance A.O. onto it and then placed the photo on top.

I then ran the large Bo Bunny Chipboard piece down the side and began building a flower cluster by first taking a stash Prima flourish laying it into place then I took a Prima Vine from the Flora & Fauna A.O. and let it hang to the bottom of the photo. I took the stunning Prima flower from the same add on and placed it at the photo's corner then popped on some smaller Prima flowers from the Romance A.O. I then took my perfectly coordinated,  Craftysprinkle's pin and tucked it behind the large flower.


I then took some of the Glitz Trim from the Romance A.O. and threaded it through one of the Bo Bunny Trinkets from the same add on and ran it down the side of the pp, over the glitter design.
I then popped on a set of Always Butterflies from my Etsy Shop. and my layout was complete.

This kit came just in time to give me the perfect papers and embellishments to create something special for a Christmas gift. Awesome timing! I just love when things work out that way! Don't you??

Thanks for the visit! ~Renea

1 comment:

Julie said...

It turned out beautiful! I love the colors =)

http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/