Thursday, December 15, 2011

Altered Christmas Box Created With The Scraps Of Darkness December Kit And Featuring a tag from Berry Bleu Pages And Tags

The following is an Altered Christmas Box that I created using my Scraps Of Darkness December Kit-Winter's Eve, and a beautiful, Berry Bleu Tag. The box is actually a box that some Christmas cards came in that I decided to recycle.

First, I gesso'ed the whole box, then inked it with silver ink. I then took some kit paper and cut it to the size of the box top. I took a second piece of paper, cut it to the same size, then cut the middle out of it, and distressed and inked the edges, then attached it with foam tape for dimension. I then tore a big piece of corrugated board, gesso'ed it, covered it with some Shimmerz paint to sugar it up, inked it with silver and lavender ink,

 
then popped on one of those beautiful Berry Bleu Tags. I fussy cut some of the little birds out of the kit paper and Stickled them up, then tucked them in at the top and bottom of the corrugated board and added a feather for softness and to match the one behind the rose at the top of the tag.
I took some Dusty Attic Garden Gate Flourishes, and embossed them with some Shimmers Molten Metal Paint from a previous month's C.A.O. and then popped on some ZVA bling from last month's kit.


I took some of the Prima flowers from the Flora & Fauna add on and popped them at the top and bottom opposite corners. I then used some of the little snowflakes from the kit that I added some stash brads to, and added them into the flower mix and on the sides. I took 2 tiny, pewter keys from my stash and added those on for a sweet detail.

I painted the part of the lid that overlapped the bottom with Pewter Crackle paint then inked it with Lavender ink for texture. I took corrugated pieces of board and gave it the same treatment as the piece behind the tag and attached them wrapping them around the sides. I then took a stash Tim Holtz Button and attached it for my faux knob.

I love taking something that would normally just get thrown away and turning it into something beautiful and functional. I do believe this will be getting filled with some goodies, and then given to my friend and neighbor Michelle, or maybe not, it's according to if I can stand to part with it or not! Someone come pry this out of my greedy hands-lol! I hope you get a chance to create something beautiful this holiday season. Big Hugs ~Renea

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Renea,

Such lovely work you've done here..I love it! Awesome job!!! Also love your latest projects. Congrats to you and the girls at SOD!