Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jack -Twisted Sketch #130 Twist Flower

  Time for another sketch with a twist from Twisted Sketches! The following is my layout for Sketch #130 with the Twist Flower. I created this layout with my uber gorgeous Scraps Of Darkness November Kit-Purple Haze. It features a photo of our little Jack Russel Terrier appropriately named Jack-lol! His full name is Jumpin' Jack Flash and he is just as wild as that name!  Jack loves the fall season! He lives for his daily walk and hike around the lake and through the woods at our home. He loves to run through the leaves as fast as he can, swooshing through and delighting in the sound that the leaves make under him. He also loves to chase anything that moves, and fall is when the squirrels and chipmunks are out in full force so he is in heaven racing around after them through the leaves. I just love watching him! With his love for fall, I just had to scrap him with a fall color scheme, plus I love the way the leaves look in the photos that I shot of him.

I started with a piece of card stock from this month's add on and then took a piece of the Bo Bunny Kit pp and deeply distressed, and stained the edges, rolling some of the edges to get dimension. I then set the placement of my photos, and took a Crafter's Workshop Chicken Wire Template, and using gel medium, Tattered Angel Glam, and a heat gun created the textured, stenciled areas on the pp.




I set eyelets in the corners of the photos and then adhered them with foam tape. I braided some hemp rope together and ran it along the corners of the photos. I then used some Heartfelt Creations Stamps to create the Sunflowers, inking and scrunching them for dimension and filling in the centers with hand tinted glitter glass. I took some chipboard pieces from a past kit and sprayed them with TA mist and then layered in some of the Prima leaves from last month's kit.


I used some stash Chipboard letters that I sprayed with different colors of TA mists and then smooched the edges with the Pumpkin Smooch from a previous kit color add on to create my large title of Jack's name.

I then took one of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy pieces from this month kit and added a stash Tim Holtz spinner and then took some Vintaj blanks, and embossed them with the embossing folders from the Metal Add On. I then sanded the images with the Vintaj block from the add on and painted the images with alcohol inks and took 2 Vintaj leaves from my stash, cut them down and adhered them to the pieces. I attached some of the jump rings from the Add On and set the brad through them and then into the spinner and the die cut. For the final touch, I took burlap pieces and placed them randomly around the outer edge of the distressed layer where I had curled the edges, and then popped some Teresa Collins brads from the September Kit into the corners.

Jack is such a wonderful companion. He has so much energy, is so smart and just the perfect buddy for my active lifestyle. He adds so much enjoyment to my life, as well as a little craziness as well! He definitely keeps life interesting! ~Renea

2 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Oh, wow! What a cutie! I LOVE the distressing, braided cord, eyelets....such fun dimension and texture~
**********
I am having a blog giveaway!
xo

misty said...

beeautiful! I love those flowers!