Monday, November 21, 2011

Be Happy Scraps Of Darkness November Round Robin

Time to kick off another round of Round Robin over at Scraps Of Darkness! I have the pleasure of starting out Team 4 along with:
Beth-Rabbit
AshleyVanetten
Monica (mmlsweet)

Can't wait to see what my team mates do with the design!! It is always so much fun watching the layouts evolve, and I just love watching my Dark Sister's personalities shine through in their work.

This is my layout, featuring, Me!! This photo was taken a couple of years ago by my son, I was 42 at the time and I am one of those people that when I smile my eyes disappear, but you can actually see some slits in this photo-lol! I just can't help it!! I am a very happy person and when I smile I can't help but smile with my whole being. Kind of like one of those dogs that can't just wag it's tail, it wags it's whole body-that is me!! I truly believe that being happy is a state of mind, therefore my title "Be Happy".


 I scrapped this layout using my divine Scraps of Darkness November Kit Purple Haze plus a few stash pieces. I started off with a piece of the beautiful Bo Bunny Garden Girl pp and then used a piece of BB pp from my stash to form the distressed border layer. I then took a piece of card stock from this month's add on, punched it and hand stitched it.


I then took layers of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy dies from the kit, along with a piece I cut with my Cricut and layered them in decoratively around the photo, adding some of the ZVA gems from the Romance Add On to some of them.  I took some SM Chipboard Hinges and stained them white then took some of the BB Rub Ons from the Romance A.O. and decorated them adding in some more of that ZVA Bling.
I created the flower layer at the photo by cutting out a scroll design with my Cricut. Cutting out some foliage with my Sizzix and then layered on one of the Prima Regia Flowers from the Flora & Fauna A.O. and some stash Prima Glitter Roses. I then tucked in one of the Prima Resin Treasure pieces from the Romance A.O. for detail.

In the bottom left hand corner I cut some strips of pp, scalloped the edges, and water distressed it and layered it in with one of the SM hinges, foliage, a Prima Rose and another resin treasure piece.

In the top left corner, I layered in some Bo Bunny Sophia pieces from my stash, some more foliage, another Prima rose and another resin treasure piece.

To finish the layout, I took a Dusty Attic Flutterby and painted it up with stickles, smooch and some liquid pearls from the kit. I then took a stash metal butterfly blank, and using my Vintaj embossing folder from the Metal add on, created the embossed design, then sanded it with the Vintaj block included in the A.O. , glued it to the DA butterfly and popped on a piece of the ZVA bling.

Thanks for the visit and remember life is too short to sweat the small stuff-Be Happy!! ~Renea

7 comments:

cnelson said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE your detail work!

Shona said...

beautiful and what a great photo :)

Micupoftea said...

So pretty,,,YOU & the LO! Like the distressed frame and feminine touches. Nice work :)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the polka dot frame and the dimension in your happy layout.

KellyCreates said...

Such a sweet photo...you have a beautiful smile...and it's wonderful to be the STAR of one of your lovely pages!! Gorgeous work, Renea!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

how pretty! just found your blog and love your works!